Searching...

Re: Watching EPL on a TV without Fetch

Dave

Hi All,

The Yes TV by Fetch Mini will give you all 380 games live plus 290 on demand. You could also look at getting the Gen 2/Gen 3 box which will provide the same functionality but also allow for all games to be recorded.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

johnnyred

no not on earlier apple TV only on generation 4 as you can do a search for the optus sports app it is perfect for $270

JustinB

You can also use Airplay to stream the Premier League games to other Apple TV gen devices Smiley Happy 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

P3t3

I decided to upgrade to a 4G Apple TV.

While streaming to the old 3G device worked OK, it was a wireless connection via my laptop and the signal suffered at times, probably due to congestion on my network and interference from neighbouring routers.

With the 4G Apple TV I simply ran an ethernet cable from my router into the back of the Apple TV, so it's getting the best network connection I can give it and the app runs on the device. Definitely the best solution and performance.

Now let's see how the Optus broadband network holds up tonight with everyone online at once. ;-)

JustinB

Ah - no worries! Please keep us posted with how it goes tonight Smiley Very Happy

Vistonus

You need to bear in mind that it's not really live when you watch it on stream.  There is a delay (At least 45 seconds).  Be prepared to watch the games without accessing social media as you will see spoilers of goals being scored before you'll see them on stream.

The only other option is satellite, which is an extra $20 a month and $250 installation (pretty steep pricing). 

johnnyred

A 45 second delay for me 12 thousand miles away is more than live no need to quibble about that well done Optus for securing the EPL from unethical news international the anti trade union company.

Mancity1

hi Buba / you saying you watch the EPL using the Chromecast device ? I have tried this method but can't find the Chromcast icon on the Optus Sport App. to set up to my Sampson TV. Am I missing something here ?

Shae

Hi Mancity1, we're definitely looking to make Chromecast available as soon as we can but for the moment, we don't offer Chromecast support. Other users may have set it up from the Chrome Browser, however we don't have any info on how to set this up at the current time. 

Mancity1

can anyone advice on setting Chromecast up via the Chrome Browser ?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
48 Kudos
16 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos