Searching...

Re: Watching EPL on a TV without Fetch

markscarfe

As along time Apple user I can assure you they will not put an app on an old device. They are in the business of selling stock. The new Apple TV has an app store that they want to make money from. Compare your current apps to whats available on the new device.

DavidMitchell
I have latest version of Apple TV. My question is more about the practicalities of how to access. It seems clear that I'll have to pay $30 for a SIM that I'll probably never use. I presume if there's an Apple TV app for EPL I'll enter my OPTUS details to activate my EPL subscription. Is it that simple?

markscarfe

Correct

Highlighted

Dave

@DavidMitchell - you'd need to move to a $30 Post Paid mobile or Mobile broadband service to be eligible for the subscription.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Hanx007

Can you record using the mini Fetch TV? 

markscarfe

No. So unless you stay up late to watch the games live, its useless.

Hanx007

Thank you Mark.

Any advice on what I need to do to record the matches or what package I need to get?

i have had Foxtel for 15 years so no idea!

P3t3

I'm sure I've read on the Optus website that you can get the games on demand so there shouldn't be the need to record them unless you are wanting matches that are weeks old. 

jackbanks2

Until they know the extent of their EPL advertizing campaign come end of July, it is obvious Optus have gone low key on what they have in store (probably nothing) for none Optus subscribers. Foxtel and Telstra should have seen this coming. I think anybody under contract to other providers will have little or no chance of watching live EPL.

P3t3

Found it... the email that came out this week said:

On-demand matches and highlights - 
Up to 290 games

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
34 Kudos
25 Kudos
15 Kudos
8 Kudos