Searching...
Accepted Solution

Watching EPL on a TV without Fetch

P3t3

Hi,

I don't particularly want to have to pay for a Fetch box, so am wondering if I can stream EPL on my laptop and then simply mirror the screen through my Apple TV like I would do for YouTube etc?

Thanks,

Pete.

Solution

Re: Watching EPL on a TV without Fetch

Bubba

You should be able to do that, yep.

I have also seen quite a few mentions from Optus that they expect an app for Apple TV to be available before the first game.

The other option is Chromecast, which you can do via the Chrome browser - is exactly how I watched last season using EPL on Demand through Fox Sports & is probably how I will do it this season, now that I have it with my Optus service!

Highlighted

P3t3

Cheers, thanks for the reply.

jackbanks2

I am a none Optus subscriber and under contract elswhere. How do I get to watch the EPL without joining Optus and how much is going to cost me ?

[ Edited ]
Tris

@P3t3 As Bubba mentioned, we do anticipate Apple TV support for the app at the start of the season. Can't confirm what he's said regarding Chromecast though.

@jackbanks2 you would need to have an Optus service to access our EPL content. The cheapest option would be a $30 SIM only mobile offer that includes unlimited SMS and national/local standard calls, 1.5GB of data and access to our EPL app and web portal. More info on our EPL blog here Smiley Very Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

P3t3

Hi @Tris.

Thanks for your response. An Apple TV app would be awesome!

Do you know if it will support earlier model Apple TV devices? Mine is a 3rd generation model (so not that old as the current model is 4th generation).

Thanks!

Tris

I don't have all the specifics at the moment sorry, I'll get back to you when it's been confirmed though. Hang tight

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DavidMitchell

I'm not an OPTUS customer but am definitely interested in maintaing my passion for EPL - specifically Liverpool! My preference would be to watch live matches on TV. From reading on the forum it seems this may be possible via Apple TV which I have.

So if Apple TV is possible is my best option to purchase a prepaid SIM ($30 a month) - noting i probably wouldn't use it given OPTUS historically poor coverage in my part of the world?

markscarfe

The Apple TV app will only be for the new $240 model.

P3t3

That's not confirmed yet, according to the mod's post above?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
49 Kudos
33 Kudos
24 Kudos
14 Kudos
9 Kudos