Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Volume control Mighty Fetch

Hi there. I’ve just successfully installed a Fetch Mighty but have a problem...I have as hoping some kind soul might be able to assist. 

The Set Top Box passes through a Pioneer receiver via HDMI, which in turn provides surround sound. There are currently no other devices connected to the Pioneer receiver. 

My issues: Id like to be able to control the volume from the Fetch remote. I’ve got 2 kids and the Pioneer remote has 56 individual and very tiny buttons on it. The volume control is tiny and the kids keep changing settings...it’s driving me insane.  Is there a workaround please?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Volume control Mighty Fetch

Might be overkill, but perhaps consider a universal remote?

You can assign buttons to control different buttons, so you'd set the remote to basically just control the Fetch so it would act same as the Fetch Remote. But then assign the volume buttons to the AV.

Nice thing about a universal is as you get new equipment you just sub it in and keep the same remote always.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Volume control Mighty Fetch

You can set up your Fetch remote as a universal remote to control volume on a TV, although I'm unsure of the compatibility with your amp.

Check out the steps in the user guide here → Yes TV by Fetch Mighty User Guide

Set up for universal remote

You can use this remote control to operate your TV as well as your Yes TV by Fetch set top box.

Yes TV by Fetch will try to set up your remote for you when you first set up your set top box, but if that didn’t work follow the steps below:

1. Press and hold for 3 seconds until remote LED flashes twice. Your TV will now show a table of brands.

2. Press and hold the matching number on the remote control for your brand of TV.

3. As soon as the TV turns off, stop pressing the remote. LED will blink twice.

Your TV is now set up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos