Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Optus Call Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Vibe pack won't work | poor phone service

Hi,

Last Friday I ttempted to add the Vibe pack on my Fetch mini.

The order appeared to go through and I received a confirmation SMS receipt.

However none of the Vibe channels were unlocked. They still have the '$' icon.

When I try to re-add the Vibe pack I receive an errormessage. When I refresh my orders in the MyOptus menu nothing happens.

I've tried resetting the box and unplugging the power. Problem continued.

I called Optus Support on Friday and was put through to the Fetch tech team. We tried a bunch of things that didn't work.

First Fetch tech said he'd ring back in two minutes. He never did.

Rang back and went through the whole process again. Fetch tech said he's call back in two hours. Never did.

Rang back. Was told it would take 3-4 business days for a Fetch tech to activate the Vibe pack.

Is this normal? Why does it take almost a week to do something that should happen instantly?

I've already missed out on a number of live sporting events I wanted to watch. Can anyone help with a quick slution to this pronlem?

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Vibe pack won't work | poor phone service

Hey @Anth1 - It shouldn't take almost a week for something so simple! 

Have you been provided with any fault reference numbers? Can you please send us a private message confirming your account number, full name and DOB?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It's been over two weeks and Optus still cannot activate my Vibe pack.

For almost two weeks Optus has been telling me to do the same things. "Unplug the cord at the back of the Fetch box". "Refresh your subscriptions in MyOptus..."

Vibe is still not working. Nothing has been fixed.

I was told that the top-level tech team had fixed the problem. They hadn't. Did they even test their work?

Optus has wasted my time. I've just been on the phone with a customer service rep for almost an hour. She told me she had fixed my problem. But she hadn't, so I'm being bumped back to the tech team.

I've been on the phone numerous times, always answering the same questions and doing the same basic resets - the same ones I did over two weeks ago when I first tried to activate the Vibe pack.

No one can tell me when this will be fixed, or even when I can expect a call back. 

Everyone keeps telling me I'm a priority, but no one cares enough to fix the problem in a reasonable timeframe.

Because I'm a big American football fan I've missed out on multiple sporting events I wanted to watch. 

How on earth does it take over two weeks to turn on a channel pack? Can anyone explain this?

I'm really dissapointed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Anth1 - thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Can you please send me a private message confirming your account number, full name and DOB? I'll take a look into this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Still nothing done.

Someone left a short message over the weekend.  Gave no time when I would be contacted again and no return phone number to return the call. Very frustrating.

Bottom line, the pack still doesn't work.

I've already provided my personal details and have explained the problem over the phone several times. Would love to hear from someone who can actually help fix this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

We may be able to help out @Anth1! However we'd need to take a look first.

I understand you've already provided your info, however if you'd like us to take a look we would need these details to pass a privacy check.

The offer still stands if you'd like to send us a private message 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well, I finally figured this out. If anyone has the same problem maybe this will help.

Just to recap, here's the problem:

- Subscribed to Vibe pack, received SMS confirmation

- Vibe subscription listed on Fetch 'MyOptus' screen

- Vibe subscription not activated on 'Subscriptions' page (no tick)

- Vibe pack channels not appearing in 'Included' channels list

- Vibe channels not able to be viewed on Fetch box. '$' icon indicates channel has not been paid for.

- Unable to re-purchase Vibe pack (get error message directing me to customer service)

- Vibe channels not able to be viewed on Fetch app.

So for nearly three weeks Optus Fetch customer service has been to reset my Fetch box, pull out the power cord, refresh my subscriptions etc. Nothing worked.

Today I went to the subscriptions page and subcribed then unsubscribed to another channel (the free Christian one). A tick instantly appeared besides the Vibe option and all the Vibe channels appeared in my 'Included' channel list. The Vibe channels also became acessible on my Fetch box.

It's like activating another channel flushed something out and removed a blockage preventing the original Vibe subscription from being completed.

Anyway, hope this helps and saves someone a lot of time.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for posting this helpful workaround @Anth1

0 Kudos