cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Bece
Occasional Contributor

Using SBS on Demand

I want to watch a show on sbs demand. Currently on tv the show is up to episode 8 or so. What I want to watch number 1. I know it's still available because I check on the sbs app on phone. 

Min the fetch tv, there is no way of searching for the show. I went into the A to Z list and it look 3-4 minutes to scroll throw the 500 odd shows, to find the show I wanted.  That can't be the only way to find the show???  ( going to popular etc, gives you the most recent episode, which didn't help me.) on he  iPhone app for sbs on demand, you can't search. It's quite easy , can anyone help me please !! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Using SBS on Demand

You have a fetch mighty?

There's a SEARCH magnifying icon at the top of the main screen. Click to it and start typing and you should be good to go. 

That said, I believe the Fetch search doesn't operate within the ON DEMAND apps.

Regards

Peter Gillespie 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

I find the apps on the Fetch box are cumbersome so use my good old Chromecast dongle. Far easier to search for shows on your smartphone and then cast them to your TV.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

I did try that, but it didn't search sbs demand. Just the fetch tv shows for sale.  It showed the tv show I wanted for sale. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes I agree. Not sure why it has to be so hard.  I'll try using my app on iPhone. Can you cast it over to the fetch box ??

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

No you can't cast to the fetch box.

I would go and buy a Chromecast dongle, stick it in the USB  on your TV.  Will cost you  about $50 but you can then cast all the apps you have on the Fetch box plus many more.   

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Aeesome, thank you. I will do that Smiley Happy  

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Bece,

Just FYI, if understand correctly the FTA on catchup stations are actually apps that are essentially downloaded and run in realtime on your TV. So Optus has no control or interaction with the apps themselves, it just runs them. So there's no actual way for optus to know what shows are listed inside the FTA app. 

Sometimes coinsidentally Fetch has a deal to offer shows and movies and the Handmaidens Tale recently caused issues as it was free on SBS ON DEMAND but a search in Fetch only bought up the Fetch option ($2.99 an episode)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response. It actually was the handmaidans tail, I was trying to watch.  I wonder why sbs would make the app different from  Xbox app and iPhone app etc. I can search on those apps without a problem, and they work quite differently.

Maybe I'll write and ask sbs .

0 Kudos
Top Contributors