Searching...
Accepted Solution

Unable to redeem Optus Samsung Netflix Offer

Soya007

Hi troops - Netflix tells me my account is not eligible for gift codes - so I've been unable to redeem the Optus Samsung Netflix offer. I'm on Netflix's standard HD plan for $11.99 which I pay through Google Play using Paypal. I've read through a couple of other message boards but was unable to see the solution when Netflix says you're not eligible. Has anyone else been able to work through this problem?

Highlighted
Solution

Re: Unable to redeem Optus Samsung Netflix Offer

Paddylee

I had a similar issue where I had the same message.

Turne dout my account was still a US based netflix account, so the Australian code provided did not work.

$11.99 Standard HD is A$13.99/month so yours must be $11.99 USD plan hence the issue.

You will need to contact netflix support for this and explain the issue.

Pretty much they cancel the US subscription and you start up with one in Australian Dollars.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Re: Unable to redeem Optus Samsung Netflix Offer

Soya007

Thanks Paddylee - based onyour advice, I cancelled my existing US-based Netflix subscription and created a new one using a different email address. The Optus Samsung Netflix 12 month free subscription was accepted. All quite easy. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
58 Kudos
53 Kudos
21 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos