Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Tv keeps turning off after installing Fetch Box

Since we installed our fetch box our tv turns off every half an hour or so. Sleep timer on the TV is not activated. I've plugged the TV into a separate power source, no difference. It's the fetch box messing with my TV? Or is it coincidence the day I plug in my fetch box I'm having power supply issues with my TV? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Tv keeps turning off after installing Fetch Box

Hi 

Check in your TV user manual if your TV has HDMI CEC (consumers electronic control). If it has turn CEC off and see if this makes a difference. 

Might be called something else depending on TV manufacturer.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Good advice, Dave.  This was happening on a friend's tv set and the fix you described worked.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dave, 

Thanks heaps for offering some help.  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the problem. HDMI CEC was off.  Just to be sure I turned it back on, and the tv switched itself off as usual, then I went back and turned it off, and same result.

Damn! I was really hoping that might have been it.

Heidi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi Heidi 

I think what you need to do is to see whether it is the Fetch box or the TV. 

Have you another TV you could connect the Fetch box to and see if you still have the same problem?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Definitely not an issue I've seen before, but you can raise it with our TV & Content team directly, they may have some advice → Report a problem with TV or Content

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, any update on this at all? I have a customer with the same issue I think... Its hard to diagnose if its the TV or the STB..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, 

Not sure if this is the answer or a coincidence, but after we separated where things are plugged in it seemed to work OK.  The fetch power cable is plugged into a wall outlet on it's own, and our TV and sound system are plugged into a separate wall outlet.  This seems to have worked, no more TV turning off. Not sure why this would have helped but it was the only thing we had changed between when it was turning off all the time and then suddenly fixed.  Hope that helps!

0 Kudos