cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Turning TV on with remote causes the Fetch Box to enter Standby Mode.

The V3 Remote has a second dedicated TV ON/OFF button? You hit two off buttons to shut down the cabinet.

You should run through the remote setup to make sure it does work with your TV correctly.

Then just use your TV remote as needed for the APPs etc.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sorry. Not dedicated. You need to press the numbers button top left. This switches the power button to TV (top right)
0 Kudos
Saz_whit
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have the same issue. Happens 9 times out of 10 - and is very annoying!

haven’t been able to find a solution so far so please post if you have found a solution!

Thanks

Sarah

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @Saz_whit (Sarah) - thanks for sharing this with us.

Did you get a chance to review some of the recommendations made by others in this thread?

I know of instances where this has happened on other TV's as well when they are turned on. Can you see if physically turning on the TV using the buttons changes from turning it on via the remote?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Bludger
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Saz_whit, this issue disappeared several weeks ago for me.  I think it coincided with a firmware update.  Unfortunately it's been replaced with a different problem.  Occasionally when I turn it on, there is no video - just sound.  I have to flick around stations or menus until the video comes back.  That's still better than the sleep issue.

Cheers David 

Saz_whit
New Contributor
New Contributor

More! Thanks though - will check again for another firmware update

0 Kudos
Saz_whit
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes - read the other entries, and it only seems to happen when the TV has been off for a while. Will check switching on without the remote and report back. Thanks

0 Kudos
Gianni11
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi everyone, I am writing this post because it might help other frustrated fetch users. I recently received a new fetch box from Optus and a new fetch remote controller. For days I messaged with Optus to try and get them to assist me with the problem that was occurring.
The issue was when I turned the TV on or off with the remote control the fetch box power down and up. That’s the fetch box had to restart every time the television was turned on. I spent many hours trying to troubleshoot this myself with no success. I also spoke and spent hours on the phone with Optus experts who were unable to assist me.
Finally today I was able to resolve the problem myself. The issue all along was that the 12 V DC power cord was plugged into the incorrect socket in my power board.  once I moved this cord into the nominated “cable/sat” socket I was able to successfully turn the television on and off without it powering shutting down the fetch box.
Hoping this post helps anyone else that’s been having this issue with the new remote that is being sent out with the upgraded fetch boxes.