cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Bludger
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Turning TV on with remote causes the Fetch Box to enter Standby Mode.

Hi All, turning on my new Samsung TV using its remote causes the Fetch Top Box to display a message saying it is entering standby mode.  About 3 seconds later, the Fetch Top Box enters standby mode and the blue power light turns to red.  The TV detects the Fetch Top Box is powered off and gives an option to turn it on.  When powered back on, it operates normally.

It's an irritating sequence to go through every time I turn the TV on.   Does anyone know of a fix?

Cheers

David

0 Kudos
17 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Turning TV on with remote causes the Fetch Box to enter Standby Mode.

Try a different HDMI port in the TV. Some HDMI ports send off/on signals to the devices connected.
0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Yep, happens to me to and I have a Samsung TV to. It doesn't happen EVERY time though, I'd say in the vicinity of hidden% of the time. My TV doesn't give me the option to turn the Fetch on though because I switched that feature off.

I haven't found a fix sorry but you're definitely not alone

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys,

I suggest reaching out to Fetch, they've changed how customers can contact them on their website and one customer reported here recently that sending them a message on their Facebook page was the way to go. Sounds familiar. 🤔 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Bludger
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter, I tried different HDMI ports, but unfortunately the problem still continues.

0 Kudos
Bludger
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sam, thanks for your reply.  It's useful to know it isn't peculiar to my setup.

0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The only thing I can think of is that Samsung remotes are now marketed as "one remote" meaning universal. So it could be the remote turning the TV on and the Fetch box to standby but then I would expect the opposite to happen when I turn the TV off and it doesn't

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Bludger
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I think you might be on to something @SamSam.  When I cover the Fetch box with cloth, and turn the tv on using the remote, the Fetch box doesn't go into stand by mode.  I'm not sure if its a Fetch or Samsung issue. Getting a solution will be difficult too.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi Bludger.

You're up a bit too early for your namesake 🐵

Just a note that you shouldn't be using your TV remote to turn on your TV anymore with the Fetch unit. This is all done using the Fetch remote. As well as volume and channel changes. You really only get the TV remote out of the drawer when you want to do some fiddly option in its menus.

Out of interest do you have the Fetch 3 or 4 remote? (the 4 has a dedicated Netflix button)

Peter

0 Kudos
Bludger
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @petergdownload

Bludger is my fantasy name - and my life long dream 🙂

There are a couple of apps on the tv and a blu-ray player that the Fetch remote can't access.  The Samsung universal remote can control everything except for the issue mentioned above.  Also turning Fetch off using the Fetch remote doesn't turn the tv off.

I'll try to reconfigure the remotes and let you know if I have any successful.

Btw, I have v3 remote.

0 Kudos