Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Transfer My Stuff from old fetch box to Fetch Mighty

Is it possible to transfer My Stuff from my old Fetch box to my newFetch Mighty?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Transfer My Stuff from old fetch box to Fetch Mighty

Generally no. They are designed to prevent it.

If you have a PC and want to download your shows to there (you can't upload them) then let me know. Its just a hassely process is all.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Many thanks. How should I do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus took away the ability to PM a while ago for some reason. No explanation was ever given. The following process can apparently offload recordings to a PC.

With thanks to @torcrot

- Done this using Directory Opus https://www.gpsoft.com.au/ (not confirmed with with Windows File Explorer.)

- The Fetch shows up under Network Locations.

- Right-click on a file and choose "Open With" in the menu - VERY IMPORTANT to choose this option,.

- Then select VLC media player (already installed on this PC)

- The file then saves to a location like: C:\Users\Your_name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\EFXP6G7C

-While it is copying you can click on the destination folder - in this case \EFXP6G7C and see the saving file.

- It is IMPORTANT to click on the Destination Shortcut (The Blue link shown in the image in this instance QD81P9VX) while the file is transferring, otherwise the destination 'folder' is impossible to locate.

- Once it is copied VLC opens the file and plays it, but it is also possible to go back to Directory Opus and save it to a permanent location on your PC or network..

- Now copy the .tts file from the destination to a permanent location while VLC is playing it, as it is only available during the time VLC is playing it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you. l’ll give it a go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Good Luck. Let us know how it works (I've never done it)
0 Kudos