Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Terrible Support - Fetch Activation Code

On 5th January, I have ordered Fetch TV Mini from a store near Gaswork Newstead. I have received the box on 10th January. 

Excitedly (as everyone else, I reckon), I installed it but it asked for activation code. Didnt get any on SMS or email so I called. 

This is where it got really bad. 

1st Interaction : Call. 

Spoke with Austin from Jarvis team (?) - he didnt believe that my MyAccount doesnt have any Yes by Fetch option. He kept insisting it should be there. He asked for my MyAccount ID and Password (although I know it is against the policy to give away  the information). I gave it to him. He asked me to go back to the shop as he didnt believe that I ordered it from the store and it was delivered. I said No. Call duration around 30 min or so. He asked for my box serial number. I also gave him my Order number that came with the package and surprisingly was also in the MyOrder section which has been marked as completed. He finally said he sent an activation code via email and asked me to try. 

He hung up. 

I tried several times - "Incorrect Activation Code" (and yes, I checked ever letter in the code!)

2nd Interaction : Chat

Chatted with Harvey. He said he will get a technical team (after restarting the box) to speak to me but because the queue was taking too long, he would send me another activiation code within 15 minutes - told me I dont have to restart the box or register the serial number. Hasnt received anything until now (2 hours). 

3rd Interaction : Call 

Received a call from a lady called Jessie - she asked me to log in to MyAccount and tell her what I see. At this point, I was very annoyed, and I could she was annoyed too speaking with me - told her I have given the information to Austin and Harvey -she said she doesnt know Austin or Harvey (but I am sure she can read the history in the system). She promised to get technical team to call. I may have received a call but I missed it but they never call back. 

My Fetch box is now sitting besides my TV and I couldnt get through to anyone neither chat or call as both seemed busy. 

Please help me with the activation code. Thats all im asking. 

Syed

9 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Terrible Support - Fetch Activation Code

And I just noticed in MyOrder, it has the below

Order 3126974A

Service Activation : Completed

Activated on: 10 Jan 2018, 03:03 pm

It is not activated yet! Where is the activation code! 

Syed

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update, managed to get through via chat

4th Interaction : Chat

Ralph asked all the details again from order number, address, serial number, order number from the email. Just for him to say, i will connect you to technical team. Waiting time 3 minutes. He asked me to end the chat. 10 min on chat with no resolution. 

5th Interaction : Call

Finally spoke with a lady called A (?), she asked what is the problem. I asked if she has been briefed by Ralph (the chat agent) she said No - while I was explaining, I didnt hear anything from her, i asked if she is still there - she said Yes I am listening, so I said, oh at least you could have acknowledged what i just explained. And guess what, she put down the phone. Maybe she feels she doesnt want to speak to anyone today. 

Still no activation code. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So after 20 minutes hanging on my phone calling 131344, I managed to get through to the call centre

6th Interaction : Call

Spoke with Rajendra. Still couldnt tell me whats the activation code. He mentioned that he doesnt have the system to pull up my Order number 3126974. He was asking for OTT number on my Delivery Note or in the box that had Fetch TV Mini. I told him the only numbers I had, and as mentioned for the 5th time, was Customer Order No, SAP Order and Delivery Number, Container ID and Serial Number. Strange that even Optus support team dont even know what are the numbers in the packaging. 

He said he will have to transfer me to Fetch TV team as they have a "special system" to retrieve the Order number. 

7th Interaction : Call 

Spoke with Valerian. Was on hold and felt like forever but what the heck, I have waited the whole day for this - he finally gave me the Activiation Code and as expected, it was the same as the Activation Code that was given earlier. Told him, I have tried this so many times and it is showing Incorrect Activation Code error on my screen. He said, Dont Worry Sir, you wait for an hour, as I can see the system is still validating the code. It will be OK, sir. 

That was 3 hours ago and I have been trying every hour with the same code. Still error. 

No activation code until now. and still have no idea what seems to be the problem. Well done Optus - you have spent so much money on advertising until you have forgotten basic customer support for after-sale. 

Guess maybe he meant to say 1 day instead of 1 hour. Lets see how it goes tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So I tried again this morning ; still giving me the same error “Incorrect Activation Code”. 

No one from Optus has emailed or SMS or offer to help yet. The only thing I have got from this is some badges for posting so many replies in Yes Crowd. 

And yes, a Fetch Box Mini that is not working. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your activation code will be on your dashboard under your Internet service.

http://www.optus.com.au/customercentre/myaccount/dashboard

You may need to login with your internets main email address and password assoiated with your account. 

Click that link above, go to your Internet service, then open 'YES TV BY FETCH' on the right hand menu.

Your set top boxes and activation codes are listed there. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I dont have a dashboard in MyAccount which says Internet Service. This was confirmed by Austin as well when he asked for me ID and Password to MyAccount. On top of that, I subscribed Mini with my Mobile service so your solution may not work with log in to Internet main email address - thanks anyway!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update. 

Tried my luck again with the chat team - was transferred to the Fixed team and chat with Sheila! (Interaction ID : INT-sv1appis12-151564951526X-40473X)

Within 10 min, my problem is solved! She asked me few straight-forward questions and found out that the order was tied to my other mobile number, which I have already mentioned in my previous interactions. She connected the Fetch activation code to this mobile umber and with that, right now, I am watching NBA - Thunders vs Nets. 

My faith with Optus is now restored. 

So if you have multiple services (mobiles) do check which number did the order belong to, and it might save you 7 interactions and 6 hours 50minutes talk time. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I had the same problem it took them 3 weeks to send me an activation code now too only find that it's incorrect. I get what you went through, although I only have one number with optus so I think it's a lack of knowing what's going on in their own team 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I used to be a big fan of Optus, but their standards have fallen dramatically.
0 Kudos