Searching...

TV internet via my Apple iphone - how can I get it to work using only TV remote?

Horry

our landline phone was installed by Telstra when we moved here 2 years ago. They supplied a modem, but all our internet (Apple iPhone and Laptop computer) is through Optus wi-fi.  At present to get Netflix, iview etc on our TV I have to cast it from my iPhone though a Chromecast plugged into the TV.  We are buying a new smart TV, is there any way of selecting internet programs through the TV handset and not my iPhone?

Highlighted

Re: TV internet via my Apple iphone - how can I get it to work using only TV remote?

Davelew

Hi

When you buy your smart tv most of the common apps such as ABC iView and Netflix are already installed. If they are not you can download them onto your tv. You can then use your tv handset to stream them on your tv.

I would say though it is far easier finding the programs you wish to stream using your phone so I would make sure the tv I buy has Chromecast built in and continue to use my phone.

Dave

Iā€™m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos