Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Suddenly lost free to air channels via Fetch box

Followed up my original Facebook message with another one a week later - and this time a response!

They are sending me a replacement box which will hopefully resolve the problem.

One further question if I may - I've got a few recordings on the broken box that I'd still like to watch. Is there any way of transferring the recordings from the old box to the new?

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Great News.

No way to put on the new box. There's a possible way to put to a PC but its a little difficult (the boxes are registered as Freeview which means they're designed to not allow shows to come off).

Note you may find your current box is totally deactivated shortly (Optus have a habit of doing that as they order a new box). You could disconnect the cable / disable wifi on the unit to prevent that temporarily. It would mean you can still watch recordings but you'd need to reattach it if you wanted to stream live.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I thought that would probably be the case - I'll need to do some binge watching over the next few days then!!

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

An update, but another problem.

I plugged in the new box and switched it on. After some firmware updates it asked me for an Activation Code - apparently I should have been sent one by SMS, e-mail or post. As I didn't have one, I messaged Optus to ask for it, and thought I'd put the old box back in until I received it,

However, the old box now comes up with a message saying that it is not activated. I get the option to 'check network' or restart. Checking the network confirms the network / internet connection is OK, and takes me back to the first message. Restarting also just returns me to this message.

I then had a thought re the Activation code - I wonder whether the original activation code would work, and do I still have it? Well yes, there it is in my Text messages from 2015 (good job I don't change my phone very often) - and it works! So my new box is now set up and working.

However, I'd still like to watch some of the recordings off the old box, but plugging it in still gives the 'not activated' message, with no option to put in the Activation Code

Is there any way to get the old box to work again? Maybe some sort of reset so I can re-activate it? But without losing what's saved on there. Any ideas appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

In a word. Nope. In a shorter word. No.

Once deactivated there's no reactivating a Fetch box with out sending it back to Fetch. Consider those TV shows wiped forever. If you've rented movies / bough tor the like those should still be downloadable again for free.

Glad you got a new box so quickly. Now just request a return satchel. Not you don't have to send back a box, just the PVR, remote and power cord.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

A short, sweet and concise answer.

Not the one I wanted, but it answers the question pretty definitively! 

Thanks

Top Contributors