Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Muggedoff
New Contributor
New Contributor

Subscription service stole my money?

I was using my phone as a hotspot to send emails on my laptop when all of a sudden I received a text stating that I had spent all my extra credit! Still in shock I text to find out my balance and a subscription service called 'youlaugh' had indeed somehow signed me up for a subscription and removed 9.99$ from my extra credit balance? My question is, what the hell Optus? Where is my money? I didn't 'subscribe' to anything! This was highway robbery, I was sending an email? 

I have text STOP to the number that text me but if, in a week I am charged again there will be no money in there which makes me worry I will go into debt either with Optus? Will Optus charge my bank account for them? Or if they can access my bank details themselves through Optus... Where does it end? 

I I am very disappointed and don't appreciate being robbed. Please is there any way to remedy this? 

Thanks i guess, 

Muggedoffcustomer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
shooterau
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Subscription service stole my money?

This doesn't help you with the 9.99 but if you don't want it to happen again i would turn off Premium service to your Account make it "0" That way nobody can take any funds  and if you want you can slid it to an amount you wish to spend this can be done in My Account Settings

Muggedoff
New Contributor
New Contributor

I really would like to turn it off however I can't seem to find what you are talking about is this on the app or on this website? 

0 Kudos
shooterau
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Sorry no on the My Account if your using the My Account on a computer it comes up on the settings click on settings then a number of things you can turn on or off I'm not sure with the Optus app Another post have given you a link which may help you i couldn't work it out myself but you may

Muggedoff
New Contributor
New Contributor

This issue was instantly resolved by Optus in live chat, who blocked all subscription services for me. Thank you to everyone that responded.

0 Kudos
menace
New Contributor
New Contributor

i had the same issue..scumbags stole my credit,i complained to optus and had my number added to the "do not troll" database..thats right,our providers have a list of these companies that theive from us..it seems our security goes unprotected while these companies thrive,i wonder why our providers dont knock these scum offline,would save customers alot of anguish

0 Kudos
DenzilMac
New Contributor
New Contributor

So, I tried to turn off the premium SMS thing on MyOptus and had to create a new login for anew site that crashes every time I try and switch this off.

Not happy - have been charged for $40 worth of subscription that I didn't subscribe to.

Is this being fixed?

0 Kudos
MataH
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here, was resolved by phone. In going back to my sms, I realised there were other messages to sign me in - I ignored them as I thought there were scams, so you're not supposed to click. So yesterday I went on Quizmania site and found a link to sign out, which I did, and a phone number that I called (beware it is transfered to a paying site). I left them a clear message that I wanted a full refund. They did call me this morning and said without discussion that they would refund me through my phone bill. Let's wait and hope...

Their site is:

http://quizmania.mobi/AU/support/specific

0 Kudos
Top Contributors