Searching...
Accepted Solution

Spotify data usage

Csoe

Hi, I have just converted to optus and got free music and a data package in my plan. But when I checked my mobile data usage, looks like the spotify, which is included in the free music, using my data allowance. So how is this worked, do I need to change a setting?

Highlighted

Re: Spotify data usage

SamSam

data free streaming usually activates itself for new customers but you can check it in My Account to be sure.

Are you seeing the usage in My Optus App? if you scroll down on that screen you'll see a message that says that data free usage is still shown on that screen but it's not included in the screen before where it shows a % of your total used. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Solution

Caledoz

@Csoe Hi, it will show the total data used including any free data (like music streaming), so the total of free and charged data (I think that, pictures, like album covers are using your data, but not much of it). 

If you download music instead of streaming, it will count towards your data and also for video.

On my plan, I had to activate my free music streaming before I could use it, but maybe that has changed now, you better check on your My Account or My Optus app on your phone if the Music streaming is active, if it's not just click on activate.

joethemobile

What particular setting should we set on the Spotify app (under Streaming Quality) to make sure that when streaming (excluding Album art, analytics etc) isn't counted against our data allocation, these are the options:

Low

Normal

High

Very High

Caledoz

Hi @joethemobile , it doesn't natter, I use High but it only uses this setting when you stream using Wi-Fi, when you are on data, it automatically uses a lower quality, so you will not be charged if your setting is set on High or Very High, just make sure that when on data, you just stream but don't download music.

joethemobile

Thanks! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
16 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos