cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Stevec63
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So Called free channel Packs - not for free - false advertising via Fetch TV Box

What is the go here?

Fetch TV box advertisers that I have a free Channel Pack available and to make my choice, so I choose SYFY now I get a notification via email that it will cost an extra $ 6 per month !!

This is false advertising !!

I am keen to see what the response is to this post.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: So Called free channel Packs - not for free - false advertising via Fetch TV Box

@Stevec63, have you received an invoice with a $6.00 charge? 

The channel package is built into the cost of your $80.00 broadband plan. The discount code is configured as a component of your rate plan.

If you've manually subscribed to the channel package via the subscriptions tab, you will receive a prompt advising of you a monthly charge.

Once you receive your invoice, you'll see both a $6.00 charge and a corresponding $6.00 credit. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Stevec63
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: So Called free channel Packs - not for free - false advertising via Fetch TV Box

Hi Dan,

No, I have not received an invoice for the Channel pack just an email copy is below:

Thanks for subscribing to the Variety Channel Pack.

You'll have unlimited access to all channels in this pack until you cancel your subscription.

Variety Channel Pack
$6 a month
30 days from 23-01-2018.

No mention of :

Once you receive your invoice, you'll see both a $6.00 charge and a corresponding $6.00 credit. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus sort of shoots itself in the foot here. Many Optus discounts are applied after the fact. A standard bill will show lots of charges followed by lots of credits. Sometimes takes a month or two for the credits to kick in. 

Optus should make this much clearer imo. It only creates angry customers when they feel they have been ripped off.

@Stevec63, you do get 1 free channel. As mentioned the cost will be refunded on the same bill =$0.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Glenn79
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thankyou. This has answer a query i had with the same issues. 

0 Kudos