cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Stevec63
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So Called free channel Packs - not for free - false advertising via Fetch TV Box

What is the go here?

Fetch TV box advertisers that I have a free Channel Pack available and to make my choice, so I choose SYFY now I get a notification via email that it will cost an extra $ 6 per month !!

This is false advertising !!

I am keen to see what the response is to this post.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: So Called free channel Packs - not for free - false advertising via Fetch TV Box

@Stevec63, have you received an invoice with a $6.00 charge? 

The channel package is built into the cost of your $80.00 broadband plan. The discount code is configured as a component of your rate plan.

If you've manually subscribed to the channel package via the subscriptions tab, you will receive a prompt advising of you a monthly charge.

Once you receive your invoice, you'll see both a $6.00 charge and a corresponding $6.00 credit. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Stevec63
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: So Called free channel Packs - not for free - false advertising via Fetch TV Box

Hi Dan,

No, I have not received an invoice for the Channel pack just an email copy is below:

Thanks for subscribing to the Variety Channel Pack.

You'll have unlimited access to all channels in this pack until you cancel your subscription.

Variety Channel Pack
$6 a month
30 days from 23-01-2018.

No mention of :

Once you receive your invoice, you'll see both a $6.00 charge and a corresponding $6.00 credit. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus sort of shoots itself in the foot here. Many Optus discounts are applied after the fact. A standard bill will show lots of charges followed by lots of credits. Sometimes takes a month or two for the credits to kick in. 

Optus should make this much clearer imo. It only creates angry customers when they feel they have been ripped off.

@Stevec63, you do get 1 free channel. As mentioned the cost will be refunded on the same bill =$0.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Glenn79
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thankyou. This has answer a query i had with the same issues. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors