Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nstep
New Contributor
New Contributor

Set top box return

Hi 

I have just got off the phone with a Optus representative.

the reason for the call was a pixalation on the menu of a new replacement set top box .

To solve the problem I am to be sent another new set top box , all of which whilst a bit of a pain I see it as a solution to a problem .

The issue I have is the information given (or lack of ) regarding returning a set top box , I was informed that we would be charged for not returning the old set top box a cost of $250. We currently have two set top boxes to return . 
so do I just walk in to a post office and give them the two set top boxes or should I be receiving  a code /parcel return slip / something!!!! .

optus you want us to do the leg work and charge us for not doing so  . Then please give your customers clear information regarding how to return these boxes . I don’t believe it would be that hard to send an email or put information in the new set top box .

ce 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Set top box return

Hey @Nstep - apologies for any confusion. For for Fetch returns, we will organise a return satchel to your home address.

If you have not received this yet - they do generally take approximately 5-10 business days to arrive subjective to any postage delays happening at the moment. To play things on the safe side, we will be able to organise another if you would like?

If so, please send through your full mailing address to our 24/7 Support Teams on the Optus App and we will follow up with you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Set top box return

@Nstep I agree totally that it could be made much clearer how faulty Fetch units are handled. I suspect Optus want to downplay the fact that they're a leased box and so all costs and repairs are born by Optus.

As mentioned you can request a return satchel (don't return in store as they won't take it). You need to put only the unit and the remote in the satchel.

Note its possible you will get a non return fee of $250 but that is wiped whenever the box is eventually returned (i.e. give the box back and they'll give you your money back). Take photos of the satchel and record all numbers on it.

0 Kudos