Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SnakePlissken
Contributor
Contributor

Set top box going to sleep every 3 hours for no reason

I am getting sick of this as I am not paying for a service for it to sleep, it is inconvenient for me and should anything happen to my Plasma due to the stupid "sleep notification" I will be contacting TIO or Ombudsman regarding this.

I do NOT want the STB to sleep, fix your FW, I am not paying for a service only for it to always prompt me to press a button to continue.

I should be able to watch what ever I want without interruption, FIX IT, I am sick of this.

I also get random resets for nothing. I am getting sick of speaking to support that does not help in anyway shape or form.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_YC

Re: Set top box going to sleep every 3 hours for no reason

Hey @SnakePlissken

I'm sorry to hear we've left you feeling the need to raise a TIO case in regard to this setting. This may not be something that the TIO would be able to help with as it's a feature of a product.

Depending on the make and model of your Fetch TV, you may or may not be able to turn this off.

Can you please try these steps to see if you can disable Sleep Mode:

• Menu > Manage > Settings > Network > Bandwidth, then Hardware Health and Disable Sleep Mode.

I have also raised this post as feedback for the relevant teams to review.

If you're still needing a hand, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

SnakePlissken
Contributor
Contributor

Hi George, my box does not have this setting, I already researched this and it does not have this setting.

My box went to sleep 3 times whilst I was gaming, I was not gaming for 9 hours, that's why I am extremely annoyed.

I have an aging Plasma and do not want to ruin the panel with some ghost "sleep message".

If this was an LCD I would not care, I should not have to dead mans switch this where input is required to keep watching.

This never used to do this, it has only started doing this with newer updates, it also does it with recorded programs where I might binge watch.

0 Kudos
George_YC

Not to worry, I have raised your post as feedback for you. The relevant teams will review this and hopefully we can get an option added for you in the future. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
SnakePlissken
Contributor
Contributor

So in other words you cut and paste the answer from an issue that exists from 2016 as a quick search shows the same exact answer and that this will be forwarded too but avoid answering my issues of the STB constantly restarting?

Let me guess in 2022 you will be using the same cut n paste answers to do exactly NOTHING to help Optus customers?

I think it's time to file a complaint.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You might want to check out pages 116-119 this Fetch Troubleshooting Guide.

Top Contributors