cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor emmakate023
New Contributor

Screen Mirror iphone to Tv with free netflix streaming

Can I still use my free netflix streaming on my phone when I screen mirror to a TV? The image would still be on my phone and connected to the TV via a cord (the Wecast l8 cord). It isn’t on a wifi network. So as far as I know, you shouldn’t be able to tell if the netflix is playing aswell on a larger screen? Im just hesitant to test this all out because I don’t want to be charged with a huge bill if it’s going to use my regular data to play the netflix instead. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Screen Mirror iphone to Tv with free netflix streaming

I think Optus' official line would be something like "our data free streaming offer is designed for mobile handset screens and not a big screen experience" but I'm 90% confident it'll still be data free with THIS set up. Things like Chromecast would use a different DNS and as such will not be data free.

Just keep in mind with data free streaming, it's throttled to 1.5Mbps which wouldn't look great on a TV IMO. If you're happy with it though then it's no big deal

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Screen Mirror iphone to Tv with free netflix streaming

Just to add to @SamSam whilst away in my caravan I sometimes use a Miricast dongle to cast from my phone, reasonable picture on a 24 inch screen but at home with a 55 inch screen not such a good picture.  

Does solve the problem of data being charged.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors