Searching...

STB fee

con247

Hi Crowd,

I have a home NBN bundle that includes a Fetch Mighty including one Premium Channel Pack per month...

I have two questions

1: why do the Fetch fees show up on one of my Mobile Phone Accounts instead of my NBN Account,

2: should I have a STB (Set top box) fee on that mobile Phone Account if my NBN bundle includes Fetch and the mighty.

Thank you.

Re: STB fee

petergdownload

Optus always lists the Fee for the box (and any free channels) on the bill. They should also list a CREDIT for the same amount further down (thus making the actual cost as $0). It sounds a bit strange its poped up on your mobile bill but it also sounds like you aren't actually paying more than you expect to for the mobile and NBN accounts combined? If not then probably just leave well enough alone. 

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

con247

when i changed my plan to a new bundle that included Fetch the fetch bill just started showing up on the mobile bill in recurring charges,

Recurring Charges
09 Oct to 08 Nov Yes TV Connect STB $13.63
09 Oct to 08 Nov Samsg GS7 Edge BL (16 remain) $46.36
Less Handset Credit $12.72CR
SUB-TOTAL $47.27

it has been like that since Oct 2017 when we got the new NBN bundle, then in March when i changed the phone plan the Fetch bill has changed to this,

Monthly Charges and Credits
09 Apr to 08 May Mighty (G3) Fetch Mighty $15.00 09

Apr to 08 May Mighty (G3) $5 Yes TV by Fetch Discount $5.00CR
09 Apr to 08 May Optus Sport $14.99 09

Apr to 08 May Fetch Optus Sport Discount $14.99CR
09 Apr to 08 May The Ultimate Pack $20.00

Total Monthly Charges $30.00

all while I still have my $80 NBN bundle (no longer offered) that includes Fetch Mighty including one Premium Channel Pack per month.

petergdownload

It does sound like some customer service agent has applied the wrong code to the wrong service plan somewhere.

Only way to sort it out is contact optus billing (livechat) and see if they can sort it out. 

Peter Gillespie

SillyGogo

like many bills, it is more complicated then it should. I am sure with some clever programming, instead of showing the charge and credit for the same amount. The bill can hide the details and show FetchTV Mighty .............. $0 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
34 Kudos
25 Kudos
14 Kudos
8 Kudos