cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Mary33
New Contributor

Re: SMART TV FREEZES WHILE WATCHING SBS ON-DEMAND FILM.

I'm having this same frustrating problem where it rewinds back after the ads . What's the latest I'm wondering?

0 Kudos
New Contributor imtezza
New Contributor

Same problem with SBS on Demand on Samsung Smart TV - when an ad finishes the program goes back to an earlier part of the show. A friend has exatly the same problem with his Samsung TV. I've been watching other complaints about this but have not seen a solution to the problem. From what I can gather it's a Samsung problem but they don't appear interested in a fix.

Occasional Contributor petenkerrie
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jimmyrecard,

Sorry abt delay in getting back to you, the poor old bloke is not terribly au fait with very much at all these days.

Well, I persisted in 'phoning SAMSUNG and after a month or so was eventually put through to a GRADE3 supervisor who took control of the SAMSUNG SMART TV and in a couple of minutes fixed the problem. So the real problem is getting hold of a GRADE 3 supervisor. 

Tks/Rgds

Pete

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Imtezza,

T^ks for yr msg and sorry abt delay in getting back to u, the poor old wretch is slowing up even more these days.

Well  I kept 'phoning SAMSUNG and spoke to Grades 1 and 2 techs but it ws only after abt a month that I got hold of a Grade3

Supervisor that the problem was fixed. So I think the real problem is getting hold of a Grade3 Supervisor. They will take control of yr SMART TV and fix it.

Tks/Rgds

Pete

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hello Mary33

Tks for reply and sri abt delay getting back to u. I have found - eventually - that persisting on the 'phone to SAMSUNG got me to a GRADE3 Supervisor after abt a month, who took control of my SMART TV and fixed the problem. It's been OK for months now, which the poor old bloke is sincerely happy about.

Tks/Rgds

Pete

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

@petenkerrie - Glad to hear that's the case Pete Smiley Happy Let us know if there's anything we can give you a hand with.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Arty12
New Contributor

Sony KD-55A1 Android TV appears to be briefly disconnecting from internet in Australia. 
When watching SBS video on demand screen goes dark but still plays movie and message says
that we have lost internet connection about 30min into the program. Can return to home
screen and reconnect to SBS VOD and start program again but the "disconnection sign comes
up again in about 10min.
I dissconnected the WiFi on the TV and connected it to the modem with a cable but the
problem returned after 40minutes..
Telstra says there is nothing wrong with NBN fibre to the node and I agree as there is no
effects on any other appliances.
It seams to be worse during advertisement breaks on SBS.
Connected the TV through my Sony blueray box and everything works fine.
Other chanels do not seam to be affected but have not checked all.

To me the problem in a local problem possibly with the SBS Ap connecting the TV to the SBS On Demand service.

The TV works perfectly when connected through a Sony Blueray Disc player to the SBS On 
Demand service and all other stations.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors