Searching...
Accepted Solution

SMART TV FREEZES WHILE WATCHING SBS ON-DEMAND FILM.

petenkerrie
Solution

Re: SMART TV FREEZES WHILE WATCHING SBS ON-DEMAND FILM.

SamSam

Are you having problems with your internet conenction on any other device? If not, chances are this is a problem with your Smart TV, the SBS on demand stream or the app on your smart TV

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

petenkerrie

Hi SamSam, Tks for reply. Am talking to Samsung re SBS-On Demand movies which every time rewind about 30% of the movie immediately after the last ad then play on from that point. (I discovered picture only freezes when I've tried to ff.)  So far have had Samsung Remote Management advising & resetting but to no avail so far. One keeps trying. Everything else OK with Smart Tv & STB. Cheers, petenkerrie (well Pete anyway).

Highlighted

Jimmyrecard

Jimmyrecard

I've been through this same for the last two years with two top and Samsung TVs. On repeated occasions I have spoken to Samsung they have done remote software updates  etc

Each and every occasion I have tried to discredit my fairy that it is eight of the app or the ethernet adapter in the TV. I have also done repeated resets and start-ups on both TVs. I've been told on many occasions that it is my bandwidth that is not good enough I don't consider 5 Mb slow although it's not the best  in Australia. I have had a TV technician out twice regarding the problem and they tell me there is nothing they can do other than make sure everything is updated. Samsung on several occasions told me if they could find no fault then I would be charged for it. Each and every time I have spoken to them I  have told them that I refuse to pay anything as this has been an ongoing issue for the past 24 months. I have also spoken to both retailers JB hi-fi and Harvey Norman regarding this and they have both intern contacted Samsung and told them to get the problem solved. I have also spoken to SBS OnDemand in-depth regarding problems with lag and failure of watching TV  Programs. Regularly you will start a program which takes up to 10 minutes to get loaded pending how poor the app is working.  SBS informed me that they have not had complaints but approximately a few months prior to my last complaint to Samsung SBS did say they had upgraded some components and that may have caused some issues but that is not the case for my two televisions. I also bought a third cheaper grade Samsung TV as a gift for a friend it was noted  almost immediately that in attempt to use SBS On Demand you would start watching a program and then it would fail and you would have to restart SBS On Demand and are many occasions reset the TV and I'm plug the power just to be able to exit the app. SBS with their end user license agreement will deny that there is anything wrong with the TV. When I purchase this TV is it was stated that I do not watch commercial TV there are four I have no use for it I only bought the TVs on the merits of the smart TV componentry. Therefore it is basically a monitor with a smart TV ability. I sometimes watch red Bull TV and occasionally ABC iview.   The main use for the television is SBS On Demand. So I have spoken to Samsung over eight occasions and performed reset send updates on more occasions than I care to think about. In recent weeks I have had contact from smart vision in western Australia regarding this matter as I contacted both retailers regarding the problems I'm going. Both retail and stated that they will get to the bottom of it because even though it is outside the manufacturers warranty there is still statutory warranty that will cover me.  I am attempting to get the log of all the times I have spoken to Samsung regarding this matter to know avail. It has been very frustrating because each and every time I make contact to Samsung they are first person and I have no knowledge of the history or what I have been through regarding this matter so it's like a loop tape and I'm dealing with the button press are at the other end that wants to perform the same tasks as the last guy and the guy before  that and the guy before that and the guy before that and so on and so on and so on. Today I have received a phone call from smart vision in relation to the fault. They now tell me along with Samsung technical in western Australia at that there is indeed a fault with the application or it could possibly be the ethernet adapter in the TV. This is still pending and I have contacted and escalated level of management in the Eastern states regarding this matter. So basically along with the a you LA of Samsung that you agree to before you use the TV they are stating that they deny any part of wrong doing or error in third party software for their TVs. Again this is the only reason  I purchased the television in the first place. So we have acknowledgement that there is in fact an error or a problem with smart TVs of Samsung but management in the Eastern states at this stage are denying. There we have conflict. I'm glad I purchased extra warranty because I will be walking into the store with the TVs if this is not rectified on the next contact returning the TV  demanding a full refund as once again this is the reason I bought the TV for the smart aspect of it. In relation to the third TV that I bought approximately four months after we purchased it and had ongoing issues with the smart TV application we return that TV to the store at JB hi-fi and they replaced it with a different brand of TV. This was an LG since installing that TV it has not failed once.

it was commonly known that Samsung and their warranties and there after sales service in recent years was substandard but I wasn't sure that when I purchased both of these TVs that they would take care of everything that was necessary however this looks like they are denying any fault because the software is a third party issue. Nevertheless it came as a component of the TV I purchased therefore I expect it dealt with promptly and an outcome. Don't let Samsung tell you that there is no fault because this is proof and they must not deny it. 

this is typical of large-scale organisations bringing in masses of rubbish to a country and charging a fortune for it and not looking after it it's just denial. Very frustrating anyway I shall get to the bottom of my matter I hope you do so as well

I have not overlooked anything in regards to the performance of this application. I know more than most people do about IT. Bandwidth modem settings at Cetera at Cetera have all been tested. There is no failure with the bandwidth all the modem or breakdown in  any ethernet cable's or Wi-Fi connection. I can use the same application through my iPhone iPad and MacBook Pro. And run them all consecutively with differing SBS On Demand programs using Wi-Fi only and there is no issue. The only issue is when each individual TV no matter what program I watch on SBS On Demand they fail more often than they work

Jimmyrecard

Sorry 

should have proof read that first as I was using voice to text. You will get the general idea anyway. The crux of the matter is there is an actual error with the app on most Samsung TVs and Samsung must deal with it

Nghi

Thanks for letting us  know Jimmyrecard. Hopefully you can work with Samsung on an update which fixes the problem. Our Yes TV by Fetch boxes also let you stream SBS on-demand plus other services.

Jimmyrecard

Fetch TV?

I had this when I first moved to my current premises. Even on ethernet fetch TV struggles. If I attempted to open a web browser on my laptop while fetch  was running I would have to wait far too long.

fetch TV is another fail and another gimmick

Nghi

I'm sorry to hear that was your experience with our Yes TV by Fetch box Smiley Sad By default the box requires about 3Mb/s per streaming channel though you can change that from within the settings. If there isn't enough bandwidth to go around then other devices in the house can suffer.

Solution

Jimmyrecard

SAMSUNG have acknowledged that there is indeed a problem. I have spoken to customer service state level management and a representative of the CEO of Samsung Australia they have all wash their hands of the issue and point the finger towards SBS as they created the application. As Samsung sells the TV with the app installed they should be liable for this. Basically they have shooed me away. I've been back to both retailers they don't want to do anything either I'm now in contact with the ACCC. Above all both Harvey Norman and JB hi-fi Will no longer receive my custom. As well as this I have assisted many people in purchasing lots of different electrical from both of these stores. From these two large corporations as well as Samsung, they will no longer be in my view when considering an item to purchase. All of these corporations make billions of dollars profit every year and they won't look after the small guy. Silly of them because they can create their own demise. Social media works well in this regard.

Samsung have pointed the finger at SBS. I was told that SBS are actually working on this problem. SBS have not commented or replied to any of my emails. I get the feeling that this slightly issue will remain in the loop because nobody wants to be responsible. Perhaps a class action Will shake them up. But with that we need the names of people that are having the same issue therefore I will probably create a Facebook page for those that have had issues with Samsung TVs. To be continued

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
32 Kudos
23 Kudos
13 Kudos
9 Kudos