cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Contributor
Contributor

SBS on demand over fetch doesnt show all progs.

Fetch box installed May 2017, viewed on Sony cx520. Couple of issues - the display of SBS progs is terrible because once the title of a show is a couple of words you cant see what series or episode it is. Search is very poorly implemented. More importantly, looking for show 'Arne Dahl', its not found at all. When I use other TV (hisense), there are two series found, 20 eps, AND the display of episode headers is bigger so you can see which series and ep you are looking at.

Whats happening here please?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: SBS on demand over fetch doesnt show all progs.

Hey @jp928, I'm unable to replicate this issue I'm afraid. I've gone to Menu > TV > Catch-up > SBS On-Demand > Search > Typed in "Arne" and 20 episodes/2 seasons show up. When I select the season, the full episode names and numbers appear.

Are you using the same box on your Hisense TV, or a different box/app all together?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Using the Fetch box Catch Up on a Sony 40CX520, but using built in apps on the Hisense. The Fetch box is up to date software wise, as is the Hisense. With fetch in line I dont think the Sony software is involved at all. Your response raises anothe query - I find SBS very bad to locate things because they are NOT grouped by seasons (eg as is done on Netflix, where you can choose a season, then an episode.), episodes are all together, but there is a separate entry for each episode, usually not in sequence. Are you saying you see separate season headers that you can select?

Any way to post a screen capture ?

thanks

jp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Update - Searching for 'arne' finds nothing. Searching for 'dahl' finds the 2 seasons you mention ..WT?

Sure you searched for 'arne' ?

jp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hmm I wonder if you have an older box with a different software. The show definitely comes up when I search Arne and the grouping is exactly as you describe.

Feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so we can look closer into your hardware/software versions. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

After considerable searching I did a soft reset. The link saying stop/start (unclear if it meant power down or not) and press coloured buttons in sequence did nothing but produce black ! msgs re channels being removed from prefs and added back. My remote does NOT match any of the pics I found - my colored buttons are vertical down the top centre, NOT horizontal!!!

Eventually found instructions about using Menu->manage>settings>device info>soft reset. That worked, then I have to go through all the wifi setup and activation code......Very messy way to do it, when the TVs auto update if configured that way, amd on network. Now on Cascade 2.17.

Anyway, search now seems to work better, so we are happier now, thanks.

jp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Back again. The  "arne dahl" search showed 2 series and allowed selection, fine. Now searching for "berlin station s1" - no result at all, even with search all, TV, nothing. Why doesnt it find the 2 series as "arne dahl" does?

On the Hisense box it works, shows me 10 eps. Searching for S1, as the series is sometimes visible, but the ep no is not, and its very painful - just searching for "berlin" finds all eps in both series, but in apparently random order, and its a real PITA  to find the episode wanted.

thanks

jp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hmm, okay, thanks for the update around this one Jp! 

Please submit this through to our TV & Content crew HERE so we can follow this up for you and take a look at what's going on 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

The other bit I forgot was that subtitles are unreliable via Fetch, where they always work on the Hisense. Missus and I are losing hearing acuity, and need subtitles for clarity, so we dont have to turn the sound up high. The eps of Berlin Station watched through Fetch havent shown subtitles lately.

jp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Searching sbs on demand for "berlin station" only shows the next broadcast date and time, none of the eps already available. Have tried all search options...???

thanks

jp

0 Kudos