cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

SBS On Demand not playing

Until last week, all the On demand channels on the Fetch box were fine. Now, SBS on demand will provide all the guide information, but wont play the selected show or movie. Just does the red rotator which disappears after about 30 seconds.

All other OD channels are still fine and all SBS channels are fine on the normal TV/Fetch programe guide.

Any suggestions.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Highlighted

Re: SBS On Demand not playing

Hey @Gyp51m, that's not great to hear. As SBS it a free to air channel, issues relating may may stem from weak aerial or reception connection. Not to worry though, often times- often Troubleshooting Your Connection can do the trick. Give those a shot and see how you go.

Just in case you have not done so as well, I would also recommend performing a Soft Reset on your Fetch set top box. Doing so, will help clear any interruptions to channel access or package access.

Should you continue to have issues, I would recommend having a chat to our Messenger teams whom will be able to look into your services and advise further. Our teams are available 24/7 via the Optus App

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Fetch unable to play catch Up

We have had NBN for about 6 weeks.  This week we are able to access SBS On Demand and Iview, we are able to see the series menu and to select the episode to watch, but when we play it just hangs on the episodes menu.  On SBS, if we go back it indicates that the program has been playing.  I have rebooted the network and the Fetch Box.  Any help for this...anyone.

Highlighted

Re: Optus Fetch unable to play catch Up

Hi @Sues0408, thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Here are some steps to try if you are experiencing streaming issues. We also have another troubleshooting page that you could check out. 

Let us know how you go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Tina_YC

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately, no success.  Changed all cables, changed over to use the powerline cables instead of wifi, changed HDMI port.  It still gets to the menu for SBS on Demand and iView but will not play.  On the SBS menu, it displays a line chart of how far through the episode I have progressed, and this changes indicating that the episode is running, but no picture.  We can still run Netflix without a problem.

All was working magnificently until about 3 to 4 days ago

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Gyp51m  appears to have the same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Oh, that's really odd! 

In that case, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Sues0408,

Can you play any of the other networks catch up services? Channel 10,9, 7?

Try setting up a hot spot on your phone and connecting the Fetch direct to that (via wifi settings). See if you can then stream Catch Up TV.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same issue that started at the same time.

A soft factory reset does NOT work. Appears only SBS and ABC catch-up are impacted.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @MG74 - Thanks for sharing this. 

If you're yet to do so, can you please try scanning the channels a couple of times? This will generally pick up the channel again and should work.

If you've already done this and there is an issue, please message our team via the My Optus App and they can have it raised - Steven

0 Kudos