Searching...

Re: Returning Fetch Tv box nightmare!

Del202

Good luck,  I hope you get correct advice.  

GuyCS

Hey @chinadoll_y - thanks for reaching out and apologies for any confusion. We're actually in the process of changing our delivery partner for Fetch TV returns, so I can understand how you've been given conflicting information.

As Toomey mentioned earlier, if your return satchel has a Toll phone number printed on it, you'll need to give them a call to organise a pick-up. If it doesn't, then your satchel would be an Australia Post return satchel which can be dropped off at an Aus Post outlet. 

Feel free to send me a private message with a photo of your return satchel / label if you're still unsure.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

We can see how people have been "been given conflicting information" however this sort of thing seems to happen way too much at Optus. Surely for such an important process change there should have been very clear instructions given to all staff? There should be no cross over period just a set date where before that it is Toll and after that it is Australia Post? As with several areas of the business model Optus place the financial risk and responsibility onto their customer but then take away control of that process. 

Data Usage Penalties come to mind, but here conflicting instructions tell customers to put the equipment into a bag and send it off. If Optus do get it at the other end then they can have their $250 back. If optus are going to penalise customers they really should have the inernal processees tighter than this.

Peter Gillespie

SeekingAnswer

Hi, I’m having the same problem here.

My Fetch box died and I reported it to Optus. A replacement box arrived soon after, as well as an Australia Post satchel to return the old Fetch box. The old Fetch box was promptly packaged up and handed over to Australia Post on 23 October 2018. I have the receipt and the tracking number.

A few weeks later another satchel arrived to remind us that Optus haven’t received the old Fetch and a note saying if we have returned the box in the meantime, no worries. I tracked the satchel and it was showing as “Arrived at facility Chullora NSW on 25 October 2018”. I also raised a query with Australia Post, and now the tracking status shows as In Transit - Customer Enquiry Lodged”. Tonight I received my monthly bill and there it is, a Return Delay Fee of $250. 

Do someone have any suggestions of how I can sort this out, as it is not my fault the box had got stuck somewhere with Australia Post. 

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

First up the fee will be refunded as soon as Optus get the box. 

Secondly you should be able to press Australia Post to find the box with the details you have. 

Finally, contract Optus with those details. Request the fee be put on hold 

Peter Gillespie

SeekingAnswer

Thanks Peter, it worked out exactly as you suggested. I chatted with Optus, gave them the tracking number and they waived the $250 fee as I’ve done my duties & the problem is now between Optus & Australia Post. 

petergdownload

Thanks for letting us know it did get sorted in the end

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos