Searching...
Highlighted

Returning Fetch Tv box nightmare!

Del202

After cancelling my service with Optus (due to relocating and being off grid) I returned the Fetch Tv box as requested in an Optus reply paid post pack they sent me, by Australia post.  Long story short it is “lost” I have spent so much time, calls, chats explaining to Optus that it was sent.  I explained to them where from, the post master remembers me sending it.  He said because it was reply paid there is no way to track it as it wasn’t registered.  Optus kept asking me what the consignment number was...there was no consignment number, I kept explaining that fact! It was a reply paid post pack.  I put the unit in pack, went to the post office and handed it over..that’s it! They still have charged me 250 dollars late fee.  Australia post has done a “lost search”  they inform me that they do pass on those meant for toll to them.  I called toll also ..nothing.  It’s been a month now that the unit was sent.  Frustrated!! Has any one had similar problems ?!

Re: Returning Fetch Tv box nightmare!

petergdownload

At this stage I'd ease back. 

Write an official complaint to Optus explaining that you have followed their instructions and the box has been picked up. Explain that you do not have a consignment number. You have done all you are required to. Optus sent the bag to you they can follow it up. Request the $250 be re-credited.

Optus should do so. If they don't then pass the complaint on to the TIO. They should work on your behalf to see the amount is re-credited. Unfortunately it may take some months but it should happen. $250 is also the most you should be out of pocket in the mean time. 

Its unfortunate you have to go through this process but there's no need to stress over it.

Regards

Peter Gillepsie

Dan_C

Sorry to hear of the trouble @Del202. Did you happen to record the tracking number of the return parcel? We could always use the tracking number to confirm at which point the device was lost. If we can see that the device was indeed send, there's no reason we wouldn't be able to credit back that charge for you. Either way, I’m happy to try and help.

Feel free to send us a PM with your account details.

Are you the account holder: Y/S

Your full name as it appears on your account:

Date of birth:

Service or account number:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Del202

Thankyou Peter, and I will be writing a letter of complaint.  Most definitely ... the telephone conversation  I had with one was a nightmare, accusatory and did not get the fact after repeating over and over and over again exactly what I did.  They pretty much said I had to chase it up with Australia post.  It was their reply paid envelope! I said to the consultant why in the world would I wish to incurr a late fee by not returning the unit, I’ve noticed lots of other people have had similar problems.  Money grab. Not stressing , it will sort itself out and I expect a refund . Cheers Del 

Del202

That is exactly what I have repeated over and over and over to the consultant on the phone .  There is no tracking number ..unless the parcel was registered.  Which it wasn’t.  I did three steps, 1. I put the unit in the reply paid post pack Optus sent me.  2. I took it to the post office.  3. I handed it to the post master.  He gave me nothing...he smiled, and I left the post office! I later went back to the post office after a heated discussion with Optus about this situation.  I saw the post master , he remembered me and the parcel.  He explained as it was reply paid. there is NO tracking UNLESS it is was registered.  Which it was not. Like I said I put the unit in and handed it to him.  I then called Australia post and then Toll. I went back to Optus chat a few times, I have again explained there is no NUMBERS.. No tracking no consignment number given.  I really can’t understand why this can’t be understood, it was a reply paid envelope from Optus.  Anyway I expect a full refund of the fee as the unit is in the post pack Optus sent and I DID take it to the post office and it was sent back. 

petergdownload

@Dan_C,

I assume there's no internal proceedure where by the reply paid statchel ID is logged before being sent out to a customer?

@Del202

Dan is pretty good at resolving back end issues. If you can PM him your details than at least he could identify your Fetch Box ID and see if it hasn't turned up back at Optus now.

Peter Gillespie

Toomey

Hey guys, this is a confusing one because Yes TV by Fetch services cannot be returned via Aus Post. We use Toll return satchels which have a phone number printed on them to call and organise collection. On collection, the sender is provided a consignment receipt with a tracking number. Typically with these enquiries we just verify that tracking number with Toll to confirm it's return.

If you follow Dan's steps above, we will first confirm with our warehouse if the serial number of your box has passed through. If not, we will most likely need to contact the Aus Post your visited for clarification on what they did with the Toll Satchel. From my knowledge, Toll services aren't available via Aus Post branches so they would have to contact Toll directly for collection, I'm just not sure why they would offer to do that for someone.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

I missed the import of that part Toomey. I did wonder why Optus was apparently sending out OzPost sachels.

In this case I'm sorry @Del202 but the issue ball is still in your park IMO. Toll and Oz post are competitors but possibly some informal agreement sees parcels mistakenly sent to them passed along. At this point the parcel could well be sitting on a shelf (or possibly turfed) in Oz Post somewhere. I think you need to get back to the Oz Post store and try find out exactly what they did with your parcel. If they do send it on then possibly Toll will have a record of picking it up at that location some time in that week?

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie  

[ Edited ]
chinadoll_y

I am about to return the satchel of the fetch TV box. Was advised by optus advisor via online chat to use the Australia post drop option from today (21st May 2018). Was advised return by toll pick up service on previous chat. I am very confused , would be appreciated if any clarification from optus team. Thank you

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

The Australia Post thing seems the wrong one. There's some suggestion that if you give a Toll satchel to Oz Post then they will hand it over to Toll for you. But that's caused issues for otheres.

Standard practice is

1. Note the consignment number on the parcel.
  2.  Ring Toll.
  3. Tell them you have a parcel to pick up. 
  4. Arrange a place (work or home)
  5. They will come and get it.

That should be all you need to do.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
19 Kudos
5 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos