Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Grumps33
New Contributor
New Contributor

Returned fetch box still being charged

Anyone know how long it takes for a fetch box to be received by Optus? I returned mine 8th Jan and it is still on my bill and still showing in my Optus app. I’m getting frustrated having to constantly monitor bills to get someone to fix them and remove charges.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Returned fetch box still being charged

Hey @Grumps33 thanks for reaching out. Generally speaking, delivery returns can take between 5-10 business days - however with the current lockdowns and border controls, this timeframe is subjective to delays from the postage system.

If you could please send through your Fetch details as well as delivery information over to our 24/7 Messenger Teams on the Optus App, our teams would be more than happy to provide you an update on your return.

I should also mention that if the charge is on your current bill, this would be reflective of your last usage month not the current month. Nonetheless though, should you have any billing concerns - our teams will also be able to advise further and walk you through this process

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Can take a while. Sometimes Optus just loses track of the Fetch box and its never recorder as 'returned'. They tend to require you to keep calling them on each bill and request a refund (which they usually do). I'd wait for the next bill, if its still being charged then make a complaint to the TIO. That usually prompts Optus to properly fix the issue.

But hopefully its all resolved next month.
0 Kudos
Grumps33
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies, I’ll wait until my next bill and contact them if not sorted. 

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Sounds good, @Grumps33. Let us know if you have any further questions. Tina. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Grumps33
New Contributor
New Contributor

So after chatting to an awesome Optus rep last month I thought the issue was sorted. The device I returned is no longer showing in the MyOptus app and all seemed good. However, now I am receiving emails and text messages threatening to charge me $200 if I don’t return the device, even though it has been removed from the system. I am just ignoring them as I assume they are just system generated now that the last rep finally resolved my issue, but if I get charged I’ll be fuming. Just thought I would update this thread in case anyone else has this issue to know what to expect. 

Tina_YC

Hi @Grumps33, thanks for getting back to us with an update. It's odd you're still receiving notifications from us.

If you would like our team to check the status of the returned Fetch box, please message us via the My Optus app. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Grumps33,

This is fairly standard. Unfortunately the optus distribution centre seems to be a world of its own. It seems the rep has essentially marked the device as being returned. You stop being charged for it but now the system is waiting for it to appear at the optus factory. Until it does Optus will assume you still have it and after a few months they'll debit you the full cost.

The good news is that is refunded at any stage the unit is returned. So it's not a permanent fee. The bad news would seem you don't have it any more?

In these situations (and there's plenty of threads on Optus losing the return units) you will need to make a TIO complaint. Fairly easy and they'll remind Optus that the return process is their process and optus should finally cancel that fee. You shouldn't have to do that but it seems to be a needed step still.

Good luck
0 Kudos