Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return satchels for Optus TV / Foxtel equipment

As per my username, I am somewhat concerned. I have cancelled my Optus TV featuring Foxtel service and have been told twice on the phone by customer service that the return satchels for my two cable TV boxes have been sent. The service was cancelled on the 4th of July. I was told then that the satchels would be sent. I rang a week later to check and was told again that yes, the service is cancelled and the satchels have been sent. It is now over two weeks and the satchels have still not arrived.

I am concerned about being charged for not returning the equipment.

Should I ring customer service again and (I guess) be told again that the satchels have been sent, or is there some better way to progress this?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Return satchels for Optus TV / Foxtel equipment

Ring em again and ask for some more to be sent out. 

It will usually take a few months before you are charged for not returning equipment.

When it does get back you will be automatically recredited any amount charged.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Completely understand your concern here, satchels should arrive within 5 business days so new ones should definitely be organised at this point. 

Shoot me a private message with the below information and I'll have that organised asap

Full Name:
DOB:
Account Number:

Delivery Address:

Number Of Set Top Boxes:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK, I'll send a PM with the details. Thanks very much for both replies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just an update on this - the satchels have still not arrived.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

That's disappointing, @Somewhatconcern 😞

We'd like to follow this up for you! Please PM me (for privacy purposes).

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK, another update - the satchels have arrived, with help from moderators.

For anyone else in this situation, they came by Toll overnight courier and required signature on delivery.

I'm not sure if that's normal, or because I requested additional ones however.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the process to go smoothly.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have a similar problem. I cancelled Optus TV Featuring Foxtel on August 15, 2018 via a online chat which I can forward a screen shot of if required.

That date should have been 24 hours prior to my next billing period, but the long-standing billing cycle seems to have shifted forward one day. As a consequence I have been pre-billed for another month of what was confirmed as a  cancelled service.

I'd like to know a) when I can expect my bank account to be reimbursed and b) will I be sent a satchel to return to return the Optus featuring Foxtel STU. Was very happy with the service, but received a mailing piece on Optus NBN options advising Optus TV featuring Foxtel would no longer be offered post NBN. The NBN teams are digging up my footpath as I write this. I chose to stay with Foxtel and have signed up for a Foxtel satellite connection.

Is there a contact number for Optus Customer Accounts where I can sort this out.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi MadMick,

I'd recommend LIVECHAT here online over the phone. Phone is good but can take a fair while getting through.

You might need to wait until Monday for account issues but maybe try now. Never know your luck.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter.  I'll try LIVECHAT on Monday.

MadMick

0 Kudos