Searching...
Highlighted

Return fetch box

Hoggo

Does anyone know what cables and/or cords need to be returned with fetch box? Or is it just the box itself?

Re: Return fetch box

petergdownload

The box itself is all Optus needs. Nice to throw the remote and power cable in too but not essential

Peter Gillespie

SamSam

All the cables it came with which is power and HDMI I believe. 

Remote is also expected to be returned

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

petergdownload

We'll need a third opinion to break the dead lock @SamSam

Peter Gillespie

Paddylee

When I sent back my gen 1 for an upgrade it was only the unit itself and remote. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Third opinion

Just returned a fetch mini sent in error.

All cables and remote should be returned it states with the paperwork that comes with the satchel.

@petergdownload  1

@SamSam and Dave 2

@Paddylee 1/2

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Paddylee

Website doesnt really help either. 

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/cancelling-services-returning-equipment?requestType=Nor...

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Davelew

Knew I had this somewhere and then found it down the side of the seat in the car.

Fetch Return.jpg

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

paulp2018

I don't suppose anyone can confirm for sure what else they need in terms of return?.  The letter says "cables".

Context: I was sent one of these horrible things by accident whilst trying to transition to NBN (so far months in an still not properly working and they terminated my cable already) Anyway not knowing the box was on a "lease" I must have thrown out packaging and other junk/parts they sent with it. I assume it only came with a power pack, remote and the main box but have nothing indicating if anything else came with it. 

My question: If I return remote, box and power pack is that all they need or will they make me go out and buy whatever other cables came in the box or still bill me the $250?

Must have had a HDMI I am guessing. I use my own cables hence no idea what came with it or which it was if it did come with one. 

I must admit, Optus is quite dishonest in behaviour around this box. They are already threatening a $250 fee and refuse to allow me to clear off my data with no contract actually signed once I asked them what I was suppose to do with the box. they deactivated immediately locking my personal data on and won't let me take it off. 

Anyway at least want to avoid legal issues with them now.

Paddylee

I returned my old box with remote, fetch unit, power adaptor and power cable.

Did not hear anything back - and I was not charged.

I guess its preferable but in reality they are after the unit, not some $4 hdmi cables.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
29 Kudos
22 Kudos
13 Kudos
10 Kudos