cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Return a fetch box

Your web page states that we will be charged a feee if we do not return our fetch box within 30 days. However the only way described to return it is through requesting a satchel via Chat. Except Chat has been disabled and no other contact mechanism has been given.

The sensible approach would be to send the satchel automatically when cancelling a service, or at least have an account option to request it.

https://www.optus.com.au/support/answer?id=20057&typeId=2

If you are going to turn off the chat indefinitely, supply an email or other contact mechanism, or instructions for posting it back without a satchel.

If you are making it impossible to return the device, then remove the charge.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Return a fetch box

That's how it should work. Satchels are ordered as part of the cancellation order. The satchel is delivered to the delivery address we have on record. Obviously, something has gone wrong. 

We're working on bringing in additional support staff . Until then, we're prioritising critical enquiries. 

Until April 30th, we're:

· Waiving late payment fees for all our customers until 30 April 2020

· Stopping disconnection and credit collection activities until 30 April 2020

I can only suggest waiting until we resume normal operations. We'll be able to help you out then. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos