Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return Fetch Mighty TV box packaging

Hi,  I have cancelled my phone and ADSL with fetch mighty. Today I received a satchel addressed to Optus Returns to a P.O. Box at Chullora NSW.  Anyway I had no instructions in the padded envelope. All received was a welcoming letter, and a delivery note for a 5kg label and a padded jiffy bag.  When I return the goods I will make a copy of both documents and send them. I believe I only have to return the fetch mighty, and the remote. Do I have to send power supply and HDMI cable and Ethernet cable.  I happen to have the original carton the Fetch mighty came in.  Unfortunately this does not fit in the padded envelope. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Return Fetch Mighty TV box packaging

Generally the remote and box are all that is required. Nice to throw in the power cable too.

You could fold up the box if you wanted to. 

Peter Gillespie

PS It is astounding that something just about every Optus broadband customer needs to do (return the box) is so unadvertised and so unexplained when you get the satchel.  

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your input. My main concern is how to prove that I have made the return. There are instructions to the post office staff ready their actions but they are unclear.  I doubt that whatever Australia Post do will result in me getting a tracking number. I will have to write up something to include in the satchel.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus have chosen this method of return so its not really up to you to prove you used it. Whoever picks up the satchel should be able to provide a reciept number of some sort. Or they'll scan the package etc. Generally it will find its way back to the warehouse and be ticked off. If not then Optus will generally cancel any penalty once they can't track the package themselves.

Peter Gillespie 

0 Kudos