Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Whooshbang
New Contributor
New Contributor

Resolution not supported

Every so often my Yes/Fetch TV comes up with the message "The resolution is not supported on this TV. Please change the resolution." But TV's resolution is fine. It ALWAYS just fixes itself if I just come back after an age. But the irritating thing is that if I try & fix it immediately by just unplugging it for 10-20-30 minutes to reset itself (which always fixes it), the box doesn't reset itself like it should. This happened with  the last box & the box before that. It isn't just me or my box or my TV. It seems to be when there's some stupid upgrade. IS there an easy fix? Why wont the stupid box reset itself by unplugging it for 10 minutes?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Resolution not supported

Hi

On your fetch box go to

Manage>settings>audio & visual>video>

See what resolution you have there, should match your tv.

See if that helps.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Whooshbang
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Resolution not supported

I would, but I can't get TO that screen because of this message. It automatically fixes itself when you pull the power plug out & put it back in & you get that little comic border message that says 'setting up'. But I pull the power chord out & leave it for 30 secs, 5mins, 10 mins 3 hours, put the power chord back in then.....nuthin. Getthe sh%ts, turn it all off, watch the other tv, come back thenext day & it's like the problem never existed. Then I don't get this problem again until Optus does another update.

0 Kudos