Searching...
Accepted Solution

Request to change my username for my optus sport account

desilva26

Hi,

I would like to change my optus sport username which is an e-mail addres as I am changing my e-mail address. I was wondering how I can go about making the change. I called the Optus sport team number and was told to go to sport.optus.com.au/support but there are only instructions to change my password.

Kind regards,

desilva26

Re: Request to change my username for my optus sport account

[ Edited ]
10000000000GB

Are you sure it doesn't magically change, once you have changed all 3 email addresses lurking around in your My Account?

Oh, I see. There is one listed in the sport account. Maybe it can be deactivated and then reactivated.

But I know chat does this

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

desilva26

Solution

Ev_

Hi @desilva26. The Optus Sport login is separate to My Account, so we'll need to do this manually from our end. If you have any issues getting this organised through Live Chat, feel free to send through a private message to us here on Yes Crowd and we'd be able to assist you with this. We'll need your full name, DOB, account number and email address. Cheers!

desilva26

Done. Private message sent with requested information.

While I was typing this reply got an SMS from Optus saying to the effect that optus sport mobile and optus sport discount has been added to my mobile service. Went to my account and confirmed that service was inactive. Activated the service and now my login e-mail has been updated. Thanks Ev_.

Regards,

desilva26

[ Edited ]
desilva26

So looks like the process involves deactivating the optus sport service as part the the login e-mail change then I go into my account and activate it to complete the process. I recommend everyone to use yes crowd if you need to get your optus sport login email changed as it's the most straightforward and quick process. Live chat is not recommended based on my experience. I have sent feedback that login e-mail change should be integrated into my account to make it painless for users.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
71 Kudos
63 Kudos
22 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos