Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Paz01
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Replacement Fetch Box

Wondering is anyone has had this happen to them. Yesterday my fetch Box broke. Phoned got great service and were sending out a new box. This morning my box arrived (amazed it arrived so quickly). To then open it up and come across this remote control enclosed with the box. It was absolutely disgusting (see picture below) it was obviously a refurbished remote and the actual box probably was as well. 
This is a serious health issue to say the least
I would like to know what  procedures you have in place to combat this disgusting display of customer service in the future.IMG_0063.JPG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Replacement Fetch Box

Optus don't actually have anything to do with the Fetch TV boxes directly. They requisition them from FetchTV.

FWIW you are leasing the Fetch TV box so technically whether its refurbished or not doesn't matter (if you were buying it then that's another matter)

Again FWIW it appears your remote has cobwebs and its possible a spider of some sort has made a home in the box. This doesn't mean its ever been used before.

If its just the remote then give it a wipe and enjoy the unit. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Paz01
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Wow.... 

i didn't know it was my job to monitor quality control of a sub contractor that Optus uses to enhance their service. Coming from a business background I know that if my sub contractor was supplying products that I was putting my name too. I most definitely would be looking elsewhere. Because weather it's a fetch product or not I most definitely would not want to be associated with that type of presentation..

As for refurbished. The  handset wording has practically been half rubbed off and it also didn't come with the battery cover...as for a spider in the product I didn't know that spiders could also produce white / grey blotchy powder and spread it all over the back of the handset in a nicely vacuum sealed plastic packaging..

my issue here is quality control. I am merely letting Optus know of their responsibility to their client. Whether they are the supplier of this product.It is a health hazard and as you rightly put I am LEASING this product so I expect much better quality than I got.

Oh and don't worry I kept my nice clean spider free remote and returned the dirty sub standard one back with my old box. With a lovely hand written message...

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Agree totally. Feedback like yours is one of the main reasons Optus set up a forum like this. 

Hopefully it prompts QA procedures to get a bit of a going over.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos