Searching...

Replace Foxtel Sport (get rid of Foxtel completely)

BodhiBoy

We only have Foxtel for the sports coverage and it costs a fortune compared to streaming services that are available. I am a long standing Optus customer. Between Optus Sport and Kayo Sports we will have all of the sports covered that we watch.

What I am not sure about is what infratstructure we need to run both eg do we need a set top box? Do I need Optus Fetch? If the latter I believe that the subscription is free for me because of all of the Optus services I already have eg NBN, 1 x mobile plan plus two other mobile broadband plans.

At home we have an LG Smart TV connected to Optus NBN via wifi plus Foxtel. How to I migrate to Optus Sport and Kayo Sports?

I would like to try Optus and kayo sports before cancelling my Foxtel subscription just to make sure they give what they promise and we are happy.

Re: Replace Foxtel Sport (get rid of Foxtel completely)

Davelew

Hi

Easiest way to watch Optus Sports and Kayo is to use Chromecast and cast from your smart phone apps. If you do not already have Chromecast you can buy the dongle for around $50.

The fetch mighty box is good for recording programs and the ability to pause live tv but IMO far easier to cast from your phone to your tv with Chromecast.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Happy to have you on the forum @BodhiBoy

Can't speak for Kayo, but @Davelew's suggestion is a good one.

Now, Optus Sport is available with either an eligible service or plan or as an added subscription for $15/month purchased through the Optus Sport App, which is available via the Google Play store and Apple App store.

I'd suggest the latter. It's a month-month subscription and you can cancel whenever you like.

As well as your desktop, mobile and tablet - you can stream Optus Sport over the following devices: 

• Fetch
  • Apple TV
  • Through a computer
  • Chromecast
  • XBOX One
  • FireTV

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Davelew

Because Kayo is HD you might be better with the Chromecast Ultra which will cost the princely sum of $98.   Great for watching Netflix as well.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
16 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos