cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Remote is not responsive all the time.

Hi,

Recently moved over to Optus with FetchTV and loving all that it provides to us.

We are howver, finding that the remote does not responding on the first click of the buttons.

Sometimes it does on the first click, but most times we need to click on a button 2 or 3 times for it to respond - which is quite annoying.

We replaced the batteries with some good quality ones, but that has not made any difference.

Does anyone else have this problem or might we have a little faulty one ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Remote is not responsive all the time.

Remotes die. You can see how crappy it is by pointing it towards a cheap camera. You should see a bright white light, same as your TV remote

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes they do die, but we have only had it since Nov / Dec, so would have thought its heart beat would keep beating for a while longer yet.

And pointing it towards a camera - you got me how that would prove anything.

The point is, when clicking the buttons it is not responsive every time.

It's like the connections inside don't connect properly.

But as you mention, if it has 'died' then surely it is covered under some kind of warranty?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

Get onto Optus support and request a replacement remote control.

Not a normal problem.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

>>And pointing it towards a camera - you got me how that would prove anything.

It's a compliacted analogy, but imagine pointing a torch towards you face to see if there is any light coming out of it. I know some people would be sceptical of the method. Cameras see infrared.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened with me too. It started yesterday. The remote sometimes responds but most times it has a lag or doesnt respond at alk!! It's not just the Fetch remote either. I use a universal remote & it usually works fine but it is doing the same as the Fetch remote. Sometimes works but mostly doesn't. I tried changing the batteries - no change. 

I unplugged the STB from the power but still no change.

I tried cleaning the IR button on the remotes & the STB but no joy.

At the moment we can't use Fetch as it is mostly unresponsive to the remotes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Geeaygee

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

Download the Optus yes tv app on your phone and you can set that up as your remote control. If this works then it will show it is your remote that is faulty. If so, get onto Optus for a replacement remote control.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion however it is happening with 2 different remotes not just the Fetch TV  one. Both were working fine until 2 days ago.

Cheers

GAG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dave,

That is a good idea to try first, then onto support.

The other thing I have noticed, is when clicking a remote button, say changing  channel and the channel does not change, the blue light on the fetch box still flashes (responds).

So just maybe, it could be a box issue and not the remote.

Might just watch this a little longer and using phone as well for testing.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I just opened the Yes Optus app & can't find how to set it up as a remote for Fetch.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Top Contributors