cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Record from start of buffer not from time when record button pressed on fetch tv

This question is about live free to air tv using the antenna connection on fetch tv mighty (2017 version). I want to be able to commit the tv show content that is stored in the buffer to disk. For example, I change to channel 10, watch 30 minutes of a tv show, then I press record, I want that 30 minutes saved along with the rest of the show. Foxtel has this feature. What I find is that the recorded show starts from when I pressed the record button. Any help would be fantastic.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Record from start of buffer not from time when record button pressed on fetch tv

Hi

What happens if you rewind the show to the start and then press the record button?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Record from start of buffer not from time when record button pressed on fetch tv

Thanks for the reply. Rewinding does not seem to provide a work around, on playback the content starts from the moment record was pressed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

I suppose the only way you can watch the whole program is on catch up tv as most programs are available.  

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @jc123, recording will start from when the button is pressed, there's no direct work around or feature like Foxtel. You should be able to rewind whatever is buffered first then hit the record button though

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@TrisHave you tried this? This is how I tested it.

1. Switch channels

2. Watch channel for 30 seconds

3. Rewind to start of buffer

4. Press record button

5. Navigate to My Stuff -> Recordings

6. Play the recorded channel

7. Observe that channel started recording when record button pressed from live tv not from point rewound. Ie it doesn't record from buffer start.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but please test and let me know the result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

There's a bit of a delay with recording the buffer, so 30 seconds won't be long enough. I've just tried on the test hardware we have in the office and was able to rewind 30 minutes and start the recording from there. I was only able to record the current program though. If I went past the start of the current show, an error message pops up advising the show has finished. Let me know how you go 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors