Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor 17FVL
New Contributor

Re: 3 HRS after sleep mode, how to turn off

I just installed my TV Fetch today, and after watching a show for one hour ten this bloody message on the screen channels currently in sleep mode after 3 hours. I'm very frustrated, angry and very annoying about this cabbage TV Fetch. Can't even turn off and I tried to press any keys to return to channel but not work at all. Cosh my hubby nearly throw this bloody TV Fetch outside the window. Now I'm go back to watch my normal channels in my TV without this TV Fetch. Not happy at all about this bloody cabbage stuff 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

1. Bring up the main menu by pressing the menu button.
2. Go over to Manage, then down to Settings.
3. On the settings page, go down to Network and select that.
4. Go to the bandwidth tab, and take the tick out of  'enabled'. 
5. Press exit on the remote, and enjoy your cabbage.

Also if the Fetch box becomes unresponsive to button presses, pull out the power for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Everything will work again then.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Esseen
New Contributor

There is no option for bandwidth in the "network" settings. I use Wifi connection.  How do I remove sleep mode on this fetch tv box, please????

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
New Contributor Terrorfly123
New Contributor

0 Kudos
New Contributor SheyleD
New Contributor

Call this a solution ...unplug it

Maybe bin it

0 Kudos
New Contributor xb000
New Contributor

I have a Fetch Mighty STB. I've noticed that when it went into Sleep Mode after 3 hours, it sometimes would not come out of Sleep Mode and required the power to be turned off, and back on, to restart the box. My previous Fetch Gen 2 STB had the same glitch. Thus, I wanted to disable Sleep Mode so the Sleep Mode awakening glitch became a non-issue. (The glitch is known to Fetch Support who told me that they are looking for a solution to prevent it.) Anyway, a Fetch Support rep gave me the following way to disable Sleep Mode in my Fetch Mighty STB. I'm not sure if you have the same menu options where the setting changes need to be made if you don't have a Mighty, but this is how I did it in my Mighty: Manage/Settings/User/Streaming/Streamed Channel Time Out (set to 'Never') ***Note: If you do NOT have unlimited download data with your ISP, you probably don't want to disable Sleep Mode by set this to 'Never' because the STB could be streaming data 24/7 non-stop which could put you over your download data quota.
0 Kudos