cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor McFamily
Occasional Contributor

Purchasing a Fetch mini outright

I currently have a fetch mighty and would like to purchase a Mini to put in another room.  I understad I need to purchase it through Optus to connect the 2 and share content.  I cannot find where to order one and pay outright for it.  I do not want to pay $10 a month as then in a couple of years I will have paid for it over and over again as they are only $150 to buy outright.

Can someone point me to a link or a moderator organise for me to be able to purchase one outright.  

I am hoping that Optus is not holding everyone over a barrel and only offering it on these $10 month deals as that would be ripping off long standing good customers.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Purchasing a Fetch mini outright

Big Lee seems to sell them. Does it need a special subscription?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes so does JB etc but it wont sync with your subscription if you dont purchase it throught Optus

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

Yes, it has to be from Optus to synch. You cannot purchase the box, it has to be rented.

This has been discussed many times on this forum and I am afraid a moderator won't be able to help.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Should have added the cost of renting the fetch mini is $5 per month.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dave, I just looked and it said $10 a month.  It is rediculous that they hold us over a barrel and charge such rediculous fees.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I think most people cough up the money so they can watch some clowns dancing on some grass.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It is lamentable that Optus have gone the leasing route with much of their equipment.

After several years customers can have paid many times over for the box that was sent to them at the start of their contract. Optus also offer it as an option on many mobile phone plans which results in unwary customers paying almost the same as non lease customers for a phone and ending up with no phone at the end of the contract. All the while they shoulder the responsibility of returning a undamaged phone back to Optus (even if it gets stolen)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors