Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sanaz
New Contributor
New Contributor

Problems accessing ABC channels on Optus fetch tv

Hi there. Anyone has issues with Optus fetch box accessing the ABC channels? Since NYE we have lost our ABC channels. I have rescanned the channels many times. All the other channels are ok. Any information regarding this?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sarah_YC

Re: Problems accessing ABC channels on Optus fetch tv

Hi @Sanaz,
We're sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues with accessing ABC channels.
We'd recommend checking out the troubleshooting guide for Fetch free-to-air channels not working.
If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a Private Message to Optus on Facebook or a Direct Message on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

FTA channels are based on the reception strength of your aerial. The 'digital cliff' means even small changes in reception as you get close to the cliff might mean 100% ok or 100% no signal.

Suggest you plug the aerial direct into the TV and see if it can pick up ABC as a test. Also check your aerial for any obvious physical damage (bent tongs)
0 Kudos
Sanaz
New Contributor
New Contributor

Aerial connected to TV works perfectly ok and all ABC channels are on. But not through the fetch box.
0 Kudos
Sanaz
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have already contacted the Optus support. Unfortunately after spending more than 90 minutes initially messaging and talking to 3 different people I did not get anywhere.
0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Have you tried a different aerial cord, @Sanaz

The reason I ask, is because I was having issues recently myself, where the Free To Air channels wouldn't work on Fetch but worked when the cord was connected to the TV. It turned out it was a faulty cord. Once I replaced it, the Free To Air channels were added back into Fetch. 

Beyond that, you may need a new Fetch box. If you aren't able to get this sorted with the Messaging team and have a Social Media account, you are welcome to send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Sanaz
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have. No difference. My TV and the aerial cord is new and the problem was only happened on New Year’s Eve. We had all channels before. We still get all other FTA channels except for ABC. When aerial cord connected directly to TV we get ABC channels too. So I don’t think there is any hardware problem on my side except for the fetch box.
0 Kudos
Rob_YC

We'll need to get this looked into further for you @Sanaz and potentially replace that box in the interim. Are you able to send through a message to the Official Optus Facebook or Twitter? Our team will raise this for you to be looked into further. 

briseth
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Top Contributors