Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Vida
New Contributor

Problem viewing ABC iview and SBS on Demand with Optus NBN

Ever since I switched to Optus NBN I have trouble with video streaming services such as ABC iView and SBS on Demand on my Panasonic SmartViera TV.  Very frequently I cannot even connect to the network with error messages such as "Network error occurred (E2C28)". On occasions that I do connect, there are frequent and long pauses in the video (for buffering??).  The switch to Optus NBN has been a disaster in my experience; I did not have any of these problems when I had the home internet+phone through cable. Has anybody seen/overcome this kind of issue? Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Problem viewing ABC iview and SBS on Demand with Optus NBN

Is your TV connected via WiFi or Ethernet?

Does the same problem with iView happen on other devices?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Vida
New Contributor

The TV is connected via WiFi. I don't have this problem on my laptop.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Is it possible to connect it via ethernet? Is there any difference when you try to view the channels and different times during the day/night?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Vida
New Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no way I can connect the TV via ethernet. Every now and then inexplicably the TV connects to ABC iview or SBS on demand and I can view them without trouble. But then the next day it has network connection problems again. I haven't been able to discern any particular pattern. Like I mentioned earlier all these problems started when I switched from Optus Cable to Optus NBN. Could it be a problem with the Optus modem? (But then, my laptop does not have any problems.)

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Possibly but tricky to determine from here. We can only suggest to log a fault and proceed from there.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors