Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RDC
New Contributor
New Contributor

Problem viewing ABC iView

We have Optus cable broadband and a Sony Bravia TV.  A few months ago, Optus installed a new Netgear modem and Sagemcom wifi router.  Initially, everything worked fine but recently we have had a problem viewing ABC iView.  When we browse the iView menu, there often comes a point when iView drops out and the TV returns to free-to-air.  A window pops up on the TV "Internet download failed because content size exceed [sic] system memory limit."  Is this a problem with the modem/router, the broadband service, the TV or ABC iView?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem viewing ABC iView

I get the same error when watching YouTube - very annoying when watching Global The Voice programs as it does not reconnect back to that program. I use a Sony Blu-ray player which has streaming apps and connect that to our 10 year old Sony Bravia TV (non-Smart). I don't recall getting it using an Apple TV3 to Sony TV connection. I put it down to the lack of processing power and memory within the Sony Blu-ray player to cope with videos downloads from time to time. If I had to say how often it occurs, maybe once a week. An unresolved mystery. Apple TV required UPnP to set in the modem for it to operate.

0 Kudos