cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Premier league matches on demand

Hi

I have seen contradictory reports of whether all matches for the Premier league will be available on demand and looking at the Optus Sports app the forthcoming matches no longer show whether they will be available on demand.

So, Optus, can you confirm whether or not all matches will be available on demand.

If not, can those matches available on demand be shown as such in the optus Sports app?

As an aside I see that Optus have the rights to stream the UEFA Champions league. so I am really looking forward to the coming season.

Liverpool for the premiership title this season.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Premier league matches on demand

Hey @Davelew! We've extended our relationship for exclusive Australian rights to the Premier League for a further three seasons, commencing in August 2019. This includes exclusive live coverage on Optus Sport for every Premier League match, and full on-demand, replay and short form rights for all 380 matches from 2019 to 2022. You can read more about that here → http://www.optus.com.au/about/media-centre/media-releases/2018/051/australian-viewers-able-to-access... 🙂 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, when will we know what matches are on demand for the first round of the season?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

As @Ev_posts states all matches this season are on-demand.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @OzGunner, not all matches this season are on-demand. Keep an eye on our → Premier Blog for any updates. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi @Kartika.

Why are we getting such different answers. Optus own media release states;

*This includes exclusive live coverage on Optus Sport for every Premier League match, and  full on-demand, replay and short form rights for all 380 matches from 2019 to 2022. 

Couldn't be clearer.

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Davelew, sorry for the confusion. Yes, all matches will be available on-demand but from 2019 - 2022 however not this season starting 11/08/18. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@Kartika

Thanks for clearing that up.

To my original post will the matches that will be available on-demand be shown as such in the optus app as in previous seasons?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

My understanding is that this will be available on the app like previous seasons 🙂 

0 Kudos