Searching...

Premier League on TV

NickW_

I have a series of issues regarding the premier league on TV.

First and foremost, my broadband is hopeless and streams optus sport in such low quality that it is pointless watching. Fortunately, optus sport can be streamed data free, so I use the 4G on my phone to keep up to date. This works fine but the small screen is less than ideal. Does anyone know a way I can watch optus sport on a larger screen but still use mobile data?

I have already tried a lightning to Digital AV adaptor, but it doesnt work because its not compatible with HDCP. I've also looked into airplay and chromecast but both do not work with mobile data.

Re: Premier League on TV

Davelew

Hi

I use chromecast to cast from my phone to the tv.   There has been a lot of discussion on this forum if this is data free with the concesus that it is.   My thought is that provding you connect chromecast to you phone hotspot it should be.

The alternative, providing you have an android phone, is to use a miricast dongle on the tv and cast from your phone.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Premier League on TV

Davelew

Hi 

Should have added Chromecast will work with mobile data or at least it does for me.  I use mobile data from my phone with Chromecast when away from home. 

Turn off you home broadband when connecting Chromecast to your phone's hotspot using the Google home app. 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
19 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos