cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor danielhern81
New Contributor

Poor sound quality on Optus Sport via Fetch TV

Hi there,

Is anyone else experiencing poor sound quality when watching Optus Sport through their Fetch TV? For the past week the sound has been really tinny. When checking on the Optus Sport app, I noticed there was no problem and that the live coverage was delayed through Fetch. This was never the case prior to this change in sound quality and the Fetch coverage is now approx. 1min behind.

I have checked all other channels on my Fetch TV box and none have the same poor quality of sound.

Can anyone help? I really don’t want to be watching ‘live’ football with an even bigger delay so I have friends texting in reaction to all the action prior to my viewing.

Dan

Tags (1)
15 Replies
New Contributor Bendtner52
New Contributor

Re: Poor sound quality on Optus Sport via Fetch TV

Yes I have the same issue, when I compare with BeIN sports, the BeIN is fine and Optus has an echo

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Dan and Bendtner52,

Just confirming if this is happening during live matches only?

I'm not experiencing any issue with sound quality on Optus Sport but haven't tried during a Live Match yet.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Bendtner52
New Contributor

No, this happens with all shows whether it’s live or not 

0 Kudos
New Contributor patondoug
New Contributor

The sound is terrible this evening on Optus Sport on Fetc...

The sound is terrible this evening on Optus Sport on Fetch TV, sounds like the commentator is in a tunnel. Shocking echo.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Shellyandmarra
New Contributor

Sound has been terrible on Optus sport when watching live...

@Bendtner52 wrote:

Yes I have the same issue, when I compare with BeIN sports, the BeIN is fine and Optus has an echo

Sound has been terrible on Optus sport when watching live on fetch mighty (the one with the slim remote) for a couple of weeks for me.  Thought I was the only one as have been googling and this is the first thread I've found.  ALL shows on Optus sport 1 have a weird echo sound when watched via the fetch box.  Shows that are watched on demand via the app on the fetch box are fine. Shows via the phone app and streamed via chrome cast are fine.  Have reset the box and no positive impact.  All other channels are fine.  Hope others are having this issue and Optus take note

0 Kudos
New Contributor patondoug
New Contributor

And when a human actually responds after waiting more tha...

And when a human actually responds after waiting more than 20  minutes when you  enquire about the shocking sound again tonight on Optus Sport on Fetch TV, this is the response

Sorry to inform you, I'm from fixed internet technical support and I have limited access for fetch issue. We do only have dedicated phone support team for Fetch sport issues.

Please call on 133937 our fetch experts are available Monday

0 Kudos
New Contributor Joey0010
New Contributor

The sound quality is shocking. I have a high end sound ba...

The sound quality is shocking. I have a high end sound bar and the quality is really poor. But it's fine on my iPhone app?

Community manager can you please acknowledge that this Issue is being looked into? 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It could be that the device you play the Optus Sports on...

It could be that the device you play the Optus Sports on where you experience the sound issues; is that the device it self does not support the sound configuration that comes with the Optus Sports.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Shellyandmarra
New Contributor

Re: It could be that the device you play the Optus Sports on...

I'm watching from the fetch box to the tv.  It's only when watching the channel live, or when watching a show that has been recorded to the fetch box.  For instance I'm watching the monday review show via the Optus app on the fetch box ands audio quality is good, however if I watch the instance recorded to the fetch box it's terrible (echoey, tinny etc).  There's definitely something wrong with how the audio is bing broadcasted to fetch boxes for some (if not all) of us customers.  Watching from app to chrome cast is fine but I pay extra for a fetch box and expect better quality 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors