Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Richard2385
Occasional Contributor

Poor service

It's amazing that Optus is actually still operating - they can't adjust their bills for a new contract rate, they can't deliver a Fetch TV box after 8 weeks, they fail to follow up through their retail outlets when you actually find someone to talk to, all round a seriously hopeless organisation. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Poor service

Hey @Richard2385,

Thanks for reaching out. It does sound like we've let you down somewhere along the line. Are you to offer us anymore details in regards to initial enquiry you had with us? had you signed up for a promotional plan and you're still waiting on the discount to be applied? During the month of September we did advise of an extended delivery time frame for the delivery of the Yes TV by Fetch Mighty set top box → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Yes-TV-by-Fetch-Mighty-Extended-Delivery-Timeframes/ba-p/31279.... It sounds like your order may of been impacted. Our delivery time frame has returned back to 5-10 business days.

Feel free to send us a PM with your account details. We'd be more than happy to check on the progress of your delivery. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor sendmethatstuff
Contributor

i couldnt agree more , seems to be a major problem with communication and getting answers , im waiting on a box also after a month and are etting the run around  not to mention the discount codes that was not applied which are availiable from many different sites 

have you get the box yet ?

0 Kudos
Contributor

have you received the box as yet ?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

No box after 10 weeks. They can’t even manage to adjust the billing account for a new contract which could be a blessing as I can jump to Telstra. Ring in service is hopeless, asks you to put in your account number then ignores it, eventually you hang up in frustration. Going into the shop to talk to a human results in nothing happening, you get the sense the staff are embarrassed by the hopeless service. I left feeling sorry for them. At least it was a diversion from feeling sorry for myself. My second box is now playing up in another property, I dread even thinking about trying to get it fixed. At least with Telstra they will send out a technician. All frustrated Optus customers as a minimum should log a complaint with the Telecom ombudsman at www.tio.com.au. A critical mass of complaints might generate action but I suspect they’re beyond redemption. I’d stop paying my bill but no doubt debt recovery is one feature that works well. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I hear you loud and clear 

I'll keep pushing them 

I have contacted ombudsman and in the process of getting facts to ACCC 

What I don't get is the misinformation that constantly get handed out , for 1 week to 2 weeks , if the boxes are not in stock say so, pretty easy solution 

Thanks again and good luck 

We may need it 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I particularly enjoy the teasing text messages that get you excited then nothing happens on delivery. I’m thinking of developing a business where I charge but don’t provide a service, actually I think that’s illegal so I won’t 

Contributor

Lol, 

It's the blatant misinformation that get me 

Being passed around from Dept to Dept, when you would think someone would just listen , get to the root of the problem and solve it 

Pretty simple stuff 

I don't blame the staff, it's the system's that are the problem 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Richard2385, I understand that you've been left discouraged by the experience but I have offered to lend a hand. Ten weeks is far too long to have been waiting for a core component of your bundle. We can definitely push through your Fetch order as I've done for @sendmethatstuff. If you're seeking an adjustment for period you've been without Fetch, this is something I can also arrange.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor markmorrissey
New Contributor

I signed up for a new internet connection and mobile phone service.  Terrible service from Optus.   I can’t find anyone who follows through.  Records can’t be found.   Deliveries failed.   No one to fix the problems.  I’m now stuck in a contract with a terrible service company.   They have no regard for people’s time.  Many hours wasted on the phone or online only to end up with a worse situation.

They have zero concept of customer service.    

0 Kudos