Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor omz747
Occasional Contributor

Poor Quality on Fetch TV

Hi Guys

Problem is i have very poor quality on fetch TV, looks like a TV signal from the 80's or about 560i signal and it does not matter if it’s from the FTA channels or the Optus channels streamed in on the internet.

Optus have swapped out my box and the problem persists, almost seems like the thrput is throttled so it can display a lower quality signal to the TV, and this does not explain why the FTA channels which have the antenna plugged in directly suffer the same issue.

So Swapped out Fetch TV BOX

Box set on 1080p 60Hz

internet is NBN Fiber unlimited download speed on 100M

no differnce on FTA

antenna plugged in directly

no issue with internet

swapped all cables

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Occasional Contributor thekayle
Occasional Contributor

Re: Poor Quality on Fetch TV

Sounds to me like you need to change the setting on your tv from 1080 to 720, this is what fetch tv box runs at. It might clear up the picture quality.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The TV displays what its told to display by the set top box, very frustrating, nothing works

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

If you've got a spare, have you tried a different HDMI cable? As in don't use the one that would have come with the Fetch TV box just to make sure it's not a poor quality one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor thekayle
Occasional Contributor

Standard resolution for fetch is 720 and I found 1080 or any other setting didn't look as good as 720. I used a higher quality hdmi cable too 👍

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

it cant be the HDMI cable they pass digital transmission so the signal would be completely gone if it was the cable.  Also im using a Belden HDMI cable.  Something is not right, as the FTA channels from the antenna look horrible compared to the natural picture from the TV.  i would never pay for this product if this is what everyone is experiencing.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Everyone isn't experiencing it though otherwise the product would fold.

Fair point on the HDMI cable though, makes sense. I'm stuck on this one though as it's affecting both FTA and IPTV channels. If it was one or the other it'd make more sense so I'm thinking it has to be another faulty box. Only other thing I can think of is is the Fetch Box plugged directly into your TV or something else like a sound system?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey omz747, how is the Fetch TV box connected to the modem? Is it through powerline adaptors or direct connection with Ethernet? The streaming channels will auto downgrade the picture if your internet speeds go slower. Do you notice your speeds slowing down in the evening at all?

As for the FTA channels, the majority of them aren't streamed in HD and picture quality would depend on the strength of the signal coming in from your antenna. You could try a quad-shielded RG6 antenna cable from wall to back of the Fetch TV box. Removing any splitters etc.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nghi

I have an Optus NBN fiber connection, 100Mbits on average download, picture quality is the same at any time of the day.

I use quad shield cable solid copper core using compression connectors connected straight thru to the box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Ah ok. Is there an Ethernet Cable coming out of the back of the Fetch TV box directly into the back of the modem? Or do you have powerline adaptors going into power sockets in between?

0 Kudos