cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor ozsurfer
Occasional Contributor

Play SRT subtitle files on fetch tv

I can't get the fetch tv box to show the srt subs for any movies. They show fine when using VLC player. srt files are put into the same directory as the video files and are named identically. They work fine through VLC and other players but not Fetch. 2nd issue is the folders shared from my nas get repeated in the media hub area every time fetch is brought out of standby. it gets annoying see the same directories listed many times. Am I missing something here?
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Moderator Tris

Re: Play SRT subtitle files on fetch tv

Heya, .srt aren't supported by Fetch via the media hub currently. Very strange you're seeing duplicates of your folder though! So this happens every time you come out of standby for all folders? Do you get more than 2 duplicates?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor bartoq
Occasional Contributor

Hi, any plan to support srt on Fetch ?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Not at this stage bartoq however, I'll pass on your feed back to Fetch 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Seldomsound
New Contributor

Have just installed Optus Fetch TV top box and have stumbled on the same problem.

The .srt files on my hard drive are not accessible.

Also and more perplexing or worrying, there are no subtitles available for the 30 free movies either.

Very strange. Maybe, hopefully, I am doing something wrong.

Any advice anybody?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Subtitles in general

Hi Pete, the moderator, or anybody with advice.

New to this community, so not up with the correct form of behavior as yet.

Am I correct in assuming nothing has changed sInce 2012 to making .srt files available?

I am regretfully hearing impaired and assumed that the availability of subtitles also with the free 30 movies/month would be standard.

However watching my first movie on Fetch TV last night I turned on the subtitles and there were none.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Re: Subtitles in general

Hey Seldomsound, hope you've been well.

I can confirm that at this stage, FetchTV does not support .srt files. I've submitted an enquiry to FetchTV with regards to not being able to access subtitles whilst viewing the 30 free movies. I'll get a response with 2 business days and once I get a response, I'll post back 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks Pete.

Looking forward to a reply with change/solution.

0 Kudos
Contributor FetchTVSupport
Contributor

Hi Pete

Thanks for getting in touch on this one.  You are correct that we don't currently support srt files in My Media Hub.  All supported formats are listed in the user guide http://www.fetchtv.com.au/pdf/Fetch_TV_Media_Hub_Quick_Start_Guide_-_Media_Servers.pdf

We'll pass this suggestion along to our developers for the next time they are looking at making changes to the Media Hub functionality.

Unfortunately we do not currently support subtitles on either Movie Box or Movie Rental Movies.  The files we receive from the studios don't contain them and we don't currently have the technical solution required to receive them as a second stream.  We are looking at solutions for this but unfortunately aren't able to confirm anything at this stage.

Cheers

Fetch TV Support

New Contributor

Hi FetchTVSupport

I sincerely regret .srt files are not supported.

And find it very strange that subtitles are not available with the free movies in Movie Box.

It makes Fetch TV for me relatively useless.

I do hope you are looking into solving this. However I can see the first post on this issue was several years ago, so it seems not high on the list of problems to solve.

In the meantime, while you ponder the problem, I may cancel my Fetch TV subscription, since most worthwhile tv channels that support CC's are freely available.

Thanks for your reply though.

Regards

Seldomsound